Safran’s purchasing policy
Safran purchasing department: operation and commitments
Four main thrusts
Safran's purchasing policy has four main thrusts:
- Develop a group of suppliers capable of meeting Safran's current and future needs, and incorporating CSR aspects.
- Foster suppliers' involvement early in Safran's development programs, to ensure that Safran can meet all customer requirements.
- Promote procedures, and measurement and management tools shared by all Safran companies.
- Provide special support to key suppliers ("First Circle").
Safran's purchasing policy is deployed in compliance with:
- Safran's Code of Ethics and best practices listed in the Business Mediation Charter.
- Safran's commitments to public authorities, trade associations and other partners.
It is based on:
- Ongoing collaboration between Safran companies and the corporate "purchasing culture" and network.
- Closely coordinated actions by all Safran staff and entities working with suppliers.
- The Purchasing department's involvement throughout our products' life cycles.
- A centralized organization and a network of buyers at all Group companies.