TR40 turbojet engine
The TR40 jet engine has been developed specially for the engines of anti-ship missiles. To perfectly meet the requirements of this market, the TR40 is remarkably compact and has an excellent thrust-weight ratio.
These advantages, combined with its proven wide range of starting capabilities, make it the highest performing engine in its category. Its compact size combined with its reliability, which meet the most stringent integration and performance requirements, make it a best-seller selected by many missile manufacturers.
Safran Power Units: the European leader in turbojet engines
Safran Power Units' turbojet engines are easily adapted to different applications:
- Good resistance to air inlet distortion allowing use on high maneuvrability vectors
- Versatile Full-Authority Digital Electronic Control (FADEC) fuel control systems
- The capacity for running on any type of kerosene, including new high-density, synthetic hydrocarbon fuels
The renewed confidence of its customers makes Safran Power Units the European leader and one of the world's major players in turbojet engines.
- © Free-Lance's / Safran
- © Pierre Barthe – Didier Taillefer / Safran
- © Frédéric Lancelot / CAPA Pictures / Safran