TR40 turbojet engine
The TR40 jet engine has been developed specially for the engines of anti-ship missiles. In order to meet the demands of the market, the TR40 is remarkably compact and has an excellent thrust-weight ratio.
These advantages, combined with its proven wide range of starting capabilities, make it the highest performing engine in its category. Its reliability and its adaptability to any new programmes is facilitated by its reduced size, meeting the strictest installation requirements.
Safran Power Units: the European leader in turbojet engines
Safran Power Units' engines are easily adapted to different applications:
- Good resistance to air inlet distortion that allows use on high maintainability vectors (missiles application)
- Availability of fuel control systems ranging from simple hydropneumatic fuel control to full-authority digital electronic control (FADEC)
- The capacity for running on any type of kerosene, including new high-density, synthetic hydrocarbon fuels
- © Pierre Barthe – Didier Taillefer / Safran
- © Frédéric Lancelot / CAPA Pictures / Safran