NewSpace Launchers & Rockets Instrumentation, Data Acquisition and Processing, Navigation, Safety & Telemetry
NewSpace Launcher Onboard Solutions
Make the Avionics System of your Launcher quickly and efficiently thanks to the modular and reliable Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) electronics from Safran Data Systems.
NewSpace Launcher Onboard Solutions
Our engineers will support you in finding the best solution for your launcher
Pragmatic designs with flight proven COTS solutions
Thanks to our long time experience with Ariane 1,2,3 4,5 and 6 Launchers and Missile testing, our COTS Products will provide you some pragmatic solutions to:
- Acquire reliable and accurate data during your launches: with our qualified Data Acquisition Units
- Perform precise orbit injection: with our Navigation and IMU portfolio from MEMS to HRG technologies
- Safely launch in compliance with all safety regulations : with our localization systems and termination receivers
- Monitor in real time the launch : with our telemetry transmitters for standard telemetry and even satellite-based telemetry for continuous link since take off to satellite delivery
Discover our COTS Products
CMA, COTS Modular Acquisition & Telemetry unit
Acquire accurate data and perform flawless telemetry link with CMA COTS Data Acquisition Unit.
Being a flight-proven solution for missiles testing for the past 10 years, the CMA is the perfect fit for instrumentation and telemetry of NewSpace launchers.
Bring a compact and modular solutions on your launcher to:
- Get accurate measurements of sensor for avionics and telemetry
- Send a reliable telemetry link
- Stream any data seamlessly to the ground with Ethernet Gateway capability
- Expands the system capabilities on-demand with additional functions such as GNSS localisation and OnBoard Processing
SDTX - Transmitters
Get a reliable telemetry link in the extrem environment of a launcher thanks to SDTX transmitters.
SDTX Transmitters are the new digital telemetry transmitter family based on compact SDR based technology. It provides a broad support of existing and future standard : IRIG-106 and CCSDS.
SDTX’s form factor allows for stand-alone operation, or its insertion into a CMA or XMA stack for more compactness of the installation.
Supported bands of the transmitters are classical S and C telemetry band, but as well the Inmarsat L Band for enabling Satellite-based Telemetry on-board Launch Vehicle.Learn more about SDTX
CMA-WLS – Onboard Wireless Communication
Wireless communication is now a possibility even for a Launch Vehicle.
The WLS module of the CMA product, provide a ruggedized on-board wireless communication capability.
Wireless Network Gateway for avionics connectivity or Wirelss remote data acquisition. Many architecture are now possible even in the harsh environement of a launch vehicle.Learn more about CMA-WLS
FTR - Flight Termination Receiver
FTR - Flight Termination Receiver solution from Safran Data System provides the state of the art hardware supporting the IRIG’s IRIG-313-01 and RCC-319-19 standards.
Compact and highly reliable, the FTR solution ensures compatibility with standard termination ground station, and relies on a long experience of FTR devices in Launcher and Missiles testing.Contact us to know more about our FTR
Satellite-based Telemetry Solution
Safran Data Systems, in partnership with Inmarsat, is working on bringing to customers Satellite-based Telemetry through its DTRDM Transmitter.
By using existing geostationary satellite as telemetry relay, DTRDM Transmitter allows ensuring a telemetry link during the whole trajectory of the launcher without requiring ground station in remote or inaccessible area of Earth.Learn about our Satellite-based Telemetry Tx
STIM 3-axis Tactical Grade MEMS Inertial Measurement Unit, IMU
STIM318 is an ITAR-free, small, tactical grade, low weight, high performance non-GPS aided Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) with greatly improved accelerometer performance. It contains 3 highly accurate MEMS gyros, 3 ultra-high stability accelerometers and 3 inclinometers. The IMU is factory calibrated and compensated over its entire operating temperature range.
LEARN MORE ABOUT STIM318
eZ Processing/Advantys, a reliable and efficient Data Display and Processing software for Telemetry
eZ Processing / Advantys, a reliable and efficient Data Display and Processing software for Telemetry Ground Stations. eZ Processing / Advantys offers advanced functions for data display and processing:
- Real-time visualization of raw or processed parameters, on board or on the ground, in a user configurable graphical format
- Extraction of parameters in real time (or from a records) and conversion into physical values with (or without) the application of a calibration function
- Generation of processed parameters by creating user functions in C language
- Generation of configurable user alarms on parameter value limits
- Recording of raw or processed data for further replay
Learn more about all Safran Space capabilities with our Avionics for NewSpace brochureGet our brochure
Customer Service & Support
An international maintenance network
Support of Safran Data Systems’ customer is paramount. Acquisition of our hardware is always accompanied by specialists of the field to best tailor the proposed solution to the customer’s need.
A broad family of solutions of services is offered in order to make the operation of the product seamless and effective in order to deliver the maximum benefit to operators and final users. Training is proposed for the technical team, before delivery and after delivery. When the hardware is operated, our specialists are available, on-site, for local support in order to ensure the success of critical phases of any endeavor.Access our customer portal
A responsive and international customer service
Safran Data Systems has a network of partners throughout the world. With a local presence, their teams are technically qualified and trained on our products. Thanks to their close collaboration with Safran Data Systems experts, customers can benefit from advice at any time. Safran Data Systems also offers training and technical support services. Read our brochure to learn more about this opportunity.Learn more about our technical training
Safran Data Systems, leader in instrumentation for testing, telemetry and communications for space
For over 65 years, Safran Data Systems has been providing high-technology equipment and solutions for testing, telemetry, mission data management and space communications. With a high-skilled international team, we contribute to the success of our customers by offering innovation, best performance, reliability and sustainability.
Learn more about Safran Data Systems
- © Safran
- © Dustin Chambers / CAPA Pictures / Safran
- © Mike Killian / Safran Data Systems
- © Safran Data Systems
- © Safran Sensing Technologies
- © Cyril Do Espirito / Safran Data Systems
- © Safran Data Systems / Adrien Daste
- © Adrien Daste / Safran