Airbus, Air France-KLM, ATR, Dassault Aviation, Groupe ADP, Safran and Thales welcome the Declaration of Toulouse on future sustainability and decarbonisation of aviation alongside European institutions
- With this landmark Declaration, Europe becomes the first regionworldwide to have reached an agreement between public authoritiesand private stakeholders on a broad aviation decarbonisation platform
- Airbus, ATR, Air France-KLM, Dassault Aviation, Groupe ADP, Safranand Thales confirm their commitment to a collective approach toaddress the challenges of a transition to sustainable aviation
@Airbus @ATRaircraft @AirFranceKLM @Dassault_OnAir @GroupeAdp @Safran @thalesgroup
Toulouse, 4 February 2022 - European industry leaders Airbus, Air France-KLM, ATR, Dassault Aviation, Groupe ADP, Safran and Thales welcome the declaration made in Toulouse by the European Commission and Member States under the French EU Presidency. Together:
- We welcome the commitments of the European Commission and Member States to workwith the European aviation industry to achieve the decarbonisation of the sector by 2050in alignment with the Destination 2050 roadmap.
- We will continue to invest in the maturation, development and implementation ofdecarbonisation technologies - notably operations, next-generation aircraft and engines,Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) and synthetic fuels - and look to institutions to supportthe development and deployment of innovations, especially through proven public-privateresearch partnership instruments (such as Clean Aviation, SESAR, and CORAC), as wellas appropriate support policies to accelerate fleet renewal and SAF incorporation underviable economic conditions for all stakeholders.
- We urge the European Commission to implement the launch of industrial alliances thatwill be critical to align the entire ecosystem around this joint ambition, particularly theRenewable and Low-Carbon Fuels Value Chain Industrial Alliance, the Alliance for ZeroEmission Aviation and the European Raw Materials Alliance.-We also welcome the call for all partners worldwide to work together towards the adoptionat the 41st ICAO Assembly of an ambitious long-term aspirational goal (LTAG) forinternational aviation.
- We call for the commitments taken by the European Union to be adopted globally to accelerate the decarbonisation of our industry. In the meantime, we urge the European Union to implement mechanisms to ensure a level playing field and to avoid any carbon leakage linked to distortion of competition among stakeholders within the global aviation ecosystem.
Note to editors
This common statement highlights the wish to establish a European map defining the volumes of biomass deposit available for the production of SAF, as well as the production capacities of synthetic fuel. It calls for better research on disruptive aeronautical technologies (aircraft, engines), to put in place regulatory mechanisms to facilitate the replacement of aircraft and to pursue initiatives to optimize trajectories and fuel consumption.
+33 7 86 10 59 16
+33 1 40 60 82 20
- © Safran