Coordinates and oversees activities related to execution of a contract or contract subset. Provides a single point of contact for program related inquiries. Facilitates interdepartmental cohesiveness between engineering, certification and supply chain and coordinates the activities of other companies, vendors or individuals by performing the following duties for the Manufacturing Facility.
• Provides the customer with a direct point of contact for contracts which are prototype in nature, technical and of moderate value.
• Responsible for comprehending the Statement of Work and contract for assigned projects, and ensuring that both Greenpoint and the customer comply with both.
• Responsible for communicating concise and comprehensive program status and priorities to the program team.
• Organizes and facilitates contractual coordination and milestone meetings.
• Responsible for ensuring that assigned projects progress on schedule, within budget and meet or exceed minimum quality standards.
• Participates in and guides Change Order process and activity for assigned projects.
• Responsible for keeping the customer and executive management informed of the current status of all significant aspects of each assigned project through program reviews, status reports, meetings, etc.
• Facilitates inter-departmental coordination to support project requirements.
• Responsible for providing planning and leadership which will minimize problems or conflicts, and provides leadership in developing team based solutions to problems as they arise.
• Coordinate with internal departments to insure that the activities of other companies, vendors or individuals support project requirements.
• May negotiate revised delivery dates, costs or other proposal/contract parameters.
• Facilitates a positive relationship with customers.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Engineering or a related discipline from four-year college or university and a minimum of six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management or project teams.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
• Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• Demonstrated experience with Accounting software, Database software, Project Management software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software and Internet knowledge.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.