Zodiac Seats wins a Crystal Cabin Award for Visionary Concept
Hamburg, April 6th, 2016 – Zodiac Aerospace is proud to announce that its Lifestyle Cabin concept won the design award for Visionary Concept. “We are honored our efforts have been recognized by jury of the Crystal Cabin Award. It’s an award recognizing our continuous innovation efforts to go beyond current habits and models to reach an unmatched experience in the air”, said Laurent Stritter, VP Marketing & Products Strategy of Zodiac Seats.
In 2015, at Aircraft Interior Expo, Zodiac Seats unveiled the 1/20th scale aircraft 3D model representing a new passenger cabin design: The Lifestyle Cabin. This concept, created in collaboration with the Design agency London based, Territory, demonstrates a reclassification of classes away from a hierarchical system
Luke Miles, Director at New Territory commented: “Working in partnership with Zodiac Seats, we identified new consumer attitudes that will shape the future of aircraft interior design and the onboard passenger ‘journey’. Our brief was to ensure that the design met these changing consumer needs and define a more immersive travel experience, which will ultimately boost revenue streams for airlines.”
With only a small percentage of capacity reduction, different revenue streams are created using berths, modular seating and self-service points. The three key themes of the concept are:
- Creating a more human experience onboard the aircraft that promotes passengers’ well-being.
- Challenging the architecture of today’s platforms and creating new customer experiences within them.
- Exploring new ways to support airlines in differentiating themselves and generating additional revenue streams amidst an increasingly competitive market.
This concept shapes a new future for the aerospace industry to illustrate possible aircraft interior design for ten years’ time.
- Maps are available under the Open Database Licence.
- © OpenStreetMap contributors.
- © Safran
- © Cyril Abad / CAPA Pictures / Safran