Zodiac Aerospace ‘FIVE’ Fragrance Diffusion System successfully completes on-aircraft testing
Irvine, October 9, 2017 - During NBAA, Las Vegas 10-1 October 2017, Zodiac Pacific Precision Products officially launches FIVE, the first airworthy active fragrance diffusion system for the VIP aviation market, after successfully completing testing on a BBJ interior last month.
FIVE, named after our fifth and powerful sense of smell, is the first active fragrance diffusion system for VIP cabins. FIVE delivers the rich fragrance experience jetsetters are expecting, safely and seamlessly during their flight. The successful on-aircraft testing represents the final milestone in the system product-development, now ready to be certified on a green or retrofit VIP completion project. After 10 different tests varying the two diffusers location and the cabin air circulation, the results were unequivocal and validated all the functionalities and performances claimed by the FIVE system:
- A positive fragrance experience in the cabin able to mask existing odors
- Rapid fragrance diffusion and dissipation: the fragrance populated all the tested lounge area in less than 2 minutes, and dissipated within 30 seconds after the system was turned-off.
- A constant fragrance experience through space with adjustable intensity
- Restriction of the fragrance diffusion to a specific cabin zone
- No damage and residue on the aircraft interior
Jean-Marc Lemaitre, Head of FIVE’s Business-Development says: “The very positive appreciation from our customers, following the on aircraft tests is a significant milestone for this project. Two years after the start of the project during NBAA 2015, FIVE is about to further enhance passenger experience aboard VIP cabins”
Today, Zodiac Pacific Precision Products can offer an airworthy fragrance system, meeting the high-expectations of the VIP aviation market.
Come and meet Zodiac Pacific Precision Products team at Zodiac Aerospace stand N908, and experience the FIVE airworthy fragrances and its complete system.
- © Cyril Abad / CAPA Pictures / Safran