Safran supports U.S. troops with a collection event at Optics 1 in New Hampshire
October 24, 2017
For the third consecutive year, New Hampshire-based Safran Optics 1 will serve as a collection location for donated items that will be sent to U.S. troops in conjunction with Operation Care for Troops.
The company will host an event at its facility, located at 2 Cooper Lane in Bedford, on Saturday, October 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
“The entire team at Optics 1 strongly supports veterans’ causes as a means of giving back to our community and donating needed items to the men and women who are serving our country,” said Joe Bogosian, President & CEO of Optics 1. “Safran is proud of the care packages we have supported sending the past two years, just as we are proud of the equipment we design and build here in Bedford to support our troops.”
Optics 1 develops and produces integrated electro-optical systems, serving as a prime contractor supplier to the U.S. Department of Defense.
Operation Care for Troops is a non-profit organization providing needed but not always available supplies to U.S. troops, who are deployed and here at home.
Donations from the public are welcomed during the collection hours on October 28 at Optics 1. The following are suggested donation items:
- Power bars – protein and granola bars
- Dental Items – toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss, lip balm
- Individual drink mixes
- Small canned fruit – flip tops
- Nuts/trail mix – individual sizes or smaller packages
- Hand Lotions (Aveeno, Eucerin, O’keefe’s Working Hands, Neutrogena, etc.) for dry hands – small to medium size (1.5 oz to 5 oz)
- Foot powder (Gold Bond or similar) – small/medium size
- Oatmeal – individual packages
- Hot cocoa – individual packages
- Girl Scout Cookies
- Tuna or chicken – foil pouches
- Playing cards
- iTunes gift cards
- Baby wipes / body wipes – 10-count to 40-count (to fit the shipping box)
- Thank you cards / holiday notes
- © Safran