The aircraft at the Paris Air Show: get the program
The 52nd Paris Air Show from 19 to 25 June 2017 will feature 130 aircraft in the fly-bys and on the tarmac – including several on show for the first time this year. Are you ready for some action?
The highlights in the airliner category:
- The Airbus A321neo, powered by LEAP-1A engines from CFM International, making its debut in the static and flying displays,
- The A350-1000, taking over from the previous version (the A350-900, unveiled in 2015), and in the fly-by schedule at this year’s Air Show,
- The A380, on the ground and in the air,
- The Boeing 737 MAX 9, in the static display for the first time, and also slated for a few fly-by demos,
- The Boeing 777, featuring Qatar Airways livery, on the ground,
- The Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner, making its first appearance in the Paris Air Show’s static display this year.
The noteworthiest business jets:
- The new ultra-long-haul tri-jet from Dassault Aviation, the Falcon 8X (fly-bys included),
- Japanese airframer Mitsubishi will be introducing its MRJ90 regional jet.
- Airbus Helicopters’ Tigre, which is in service in the French Armed Forces, is on the flying-display line-up,
- Airbus Helicopters’ Caracal will be in the static display,
- The NH90, the twin-turbine helicopter from NHIndustries.
The military aircraft:
- The Rafale fighter jet from Dassault Aviation, in service in the French Air Force, will be in the fly-bys, - The F-35 from Lockheed Martin will be making its Paris Air Show debut including flying displays,
- The Patrouille de France’s Alpha Jet is also on the fly-by schedule,
- The A400M military transport aircraft from Airbus, in flight,
- The new KC-390 tactical transport aircraft from Brazilian airframer Embraer, on the ground and in the air,
- And, of course, the Patroller tactical drone from Safran Electronics & Defense, which received an order for 14 of these drones from the French Armed Forces in 2016, in the static display (Ext 17/B4).
- © Adrien Daste / Safran