: 3 min
"eCAC 40" ranking: Safran climbs to 15th place
Since 2014, Les Echos Executives and digital expert Gilles Babinet have been conducting a survey on the level of digitalization of CAC 40 companies. Since digital performance now plays a decisive role in companies' competitiveness, the study analyzes how they integrate the digital revolution into their global strategy. Safran has been taking part in this survey from the outset: ranked 15th this year, the Group has moved up eight places since last year, and 15 since 2014! This is an improvement that Safran aims to further improve over the next few years.
Digital transformation, a key priority for Safran
Digital transformation is one of the Group's strategic challenges, with a twofold objective: the modernization of its activities and businesses on the one hand and the creation of value on the other. As regards the digital transformation, Safran is already working to gain a better understanding of its markets, customers and the use of its products in order to anticipate emerging needs and cater to them through optimized processes.
In July, while taking part in the Paris Air Forum, on "Connected Aviation and Smart Territory"), Philippe Petitcolin, CEO of Safran, said: "Digital technology is a necessary tool for competitiveness and breakthrough - no company can shy away from it. Transforming the business model is a must. »
Initiatives that pay off
Under the leadership of its CDO (Chief Digital Officer), Safran has carried out various actions related to digital technology, the results of which explain its progression in the "eCAC40" ranking.
- External communication and social networks: in May 2016, all Group companies were renamed Safran, thereby enhancing the brand's digital visibility. In this respect, on December 1, 2010, the companies resulting from the merger with Zodiac Aerospace will also change their names to become Safran companies.
- Technological expertise: Safran is expanding its digital platform by offering its employees optimized services (redesign of the Intranet portal and collaborative network, implementation of the electronic pay slip and tools to facilitate digital nomadism, etc.).
- Digital ecosystem: a "network organization" was set up in 2017 to promote best practices and roll them out throughout the Group. Internally, two main themes have been identified: process improvement and the use of data generated by Safran equipment. Externally, high value-added services have been made available to partners and customers (connected objects, predictive maintenance, etc.). The Group is also involved in projects relating to the "plant of the future" (connected plant, cobotics, 3D printing, augmented reality, etc.)
- Digital culture: one of the pillars of Safran's digital transformation is the cultural transformation that is pivotal for supporting employees in the development of their businesses, with, for example, the implementation of e-Learning programs and MOOCs.
- Security: security is also subject to the digital transformation: each employee is made aware of this through conferences and meetings on cybersecurity.
CAC40 companies are rated on more than 100 specific criteria, split into five themes:
- external communication and social networks (social platforms, services and interaction with customers, CRM - a digital tool to manage customer relations),
- the level of technological expertise (cloud, Artificial Intelligence technologies, predictive analysis, Big Data, collaborative work tools, digital nomadism, BYOD*),
- openness to a digital ecosystem (investment funds, incubation, partnerships, idea generation, digital research),
- digital culture (HR, management model, organization, training, working methods),
- safety (organization, training).