CFM signs $21.4 billion in new deals at Farnborough Air Show
- More than 7,500 total LEAP engine orders to date
- CFM56 engines continue to sell very well
FARNBOROUGH, England — 17 July 2014 — CFM International's industry-leading LEAP and CFM56 product lines remain the engines of choice for single-aisle aircraft, with the company signing orders, commitments, and long-term service agreements for a total of 1,062 engines at the 2014 Farnborough Air Show.
Highlights of the week include:
- easyJet selected the LEAP-1A engine to power 100 Airbus A32neo family aircraft and the CFM56-5B engine to power 35 A320ceo aircraft;
- American Airlines selected the LEAP-1A engine to power 100 Airbus A320neo aircraft;
- 9 Air, the new low-cost arm of Juneyao, finalized an order for LEAP-1B and CFM56-7B engines to power Boeing 737 MAX and Next-Generation aircraft, respectively, along with a long-term services agreement;
- Monarch Airlines announced a commitment to purchase LEAP-1B engines to power 30 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft, along with a long-term service agreement;
- Hainan Airlines announced a commitment to purchase LEAP-1B engines for power 50 Boeing 737 MAX airplanes;
- Interjet selected the LEAP-1A to power 40 Airbus A320neo aircraft along with a long-term service agreement;
- The total also includes a LEAP engine order and service agreement for from an as-yet undisclosed customer.
"What an incredible week," said Jean-Paul Ebanga, president and CEO of CFM International. "We started the show predicting that 2014 would be another record year; that prediction came true in a big way. As of today, we have total orders and commitments for more than 3,000 engines. And it is still only July. Both the LEAP and CFM56 product lines continue to prove their worth to our airline customers around the globe and we are constantly gratified by the continued faith these airlines show in our people and our products. As always, our job is to continue to earn their trust every day, delivering the reliability and operating economics they have come to depend on from CFM."
CFM International, a 50/50 joint company between Snecma (Safran) and GE, is the world's leading supplier of commercial aircraft engines, has delivered more than 26,600 engines to date.
Pour plus d'informations, contactez :
Jamie Jewell - T : 513.552.2790 - M : 513.885.2282 - email@example.com
Rick Kennedy - T : 513.243.3372 - M : 513.607.0609 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Giulia Lecarrié - T : 22.214.171.124.09.29 - M : 126.96.36.199.17.19 - email@example.com