Morpho provides first commercial subscription management solution to Manx Telecom
Paris, April 28, 2014
Morpho (Safran) today announced that it is providing Manx Telecom with its SIMply Swap solution. SIMply Swap will enable Manx Telecom to offer its customers (U)SIM cards with a flexible subscription management solution relying on preloaded configurations. The solution allows mobile network operators to choose the best available subscription depending on circumstances such as location, time of day or commercial arrangements. SIMply Swap is Morpho's first delivery of a commercial subscription management solution.
The SIMply Swap application notifies a cloud-based server of its location via USSD* or SMS; the cloud server then instructs the (U)SIM application to remotely swap to an alternative preinstalled subscription. Using cloud-based services Manx Telecom can update any business rules to ensure the most appropriate connectivity for particular locations for all SIMply Swap-equipped wireless devices.
Tom Meageen, Head of Global Solutions for Manx Telecom, said: "Morpho has been our strategic supplier of innovative SIM solutions for more than 10 years. The SIMply Swap management solution not only gives the customer full control, it allows for multiple profiles on a single SIM card, assuring the strongest signal and best commercial conditions, across mobile networks. These are all important criteria for our customers in the critical connection and machine to machine space."
Yves Portalier, Vice President & General Manager Telecom Business Unit at Morpho, said: "Morpho is proud to be the first to deliver a commercial subscription management solution. SIMply Swap is focused on delivering roaming and coverage optimization. It is particularly relevant for M2M service providers and mobile network operators like Manx Telecom and those that have partners operating companies in different countries."
* USSD = Unstructured Supplementary Service Data; a data protocol used within GSM network services.
Morpho, a high-technology company of Safran, is a global leader in security solutions. The company employs more than 8,400 people in 40 countries and reported revenues of 1.5 billion euros in 2013. Morpho's unique expertise lies in providing cutting edge security solutions for government identity, public security, critical infrastructure, transportation and business markets. Morpho is the world leader in Automated Biometric Identification Systems (ABIS), biometric identity documents and Explosives Detection Systems (EDS). It is one of the leading suppliers of SIM cards, smart cards, trace detection equipment and gaming terminals. With integrated systems operating in more than 100 countries, Morpho's solutions simplify and secure the lives of people around the world.
For more information : www.morpho.com www.safran-group.com
Follow @MORPHO_NEWS on Twitter
About Manx Telecom
- Manx Telecom is the leading communication solutions provider on the Isle of Man, offering a full range of fixed line, broadband, mobile, and data centre services to businesses, consumers and the public sector on the Isle of Man as well as a growing portfolio of innovative solutions to offshore customers.
- Manx Telecom has a record of innovation, being the first European operator to launch a 3G mobile service and the first in the world to launch a 3.5G mobile service. 4G services will be launched in the first half of 2014, while the company's high speed VDSL broadband service (Ultima) is available to over 80% of homes on the island.
- Over the last ten years Manx Telecom has invested over £110million in the Island's telecommunications infrastructure. With two Tier 3 data centres and international connectivity, the company plays a pivotal role in making the Island a global centre of excellence for eBusiness in all its forms.
- One of the largest employers on the Island, Manx Telecom employs over 300 people. The company plays a major role in the wider community through an innovative range of activities, including charitable donations, sponsorships, and corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- The Isle of Man has a resilient and growing economy which has experienced 29 years of unbroken GDP growth. Unemployment is low at approximately 2.4% and there is a zero per cent corporate tax rate.
- Manx Telecom is listed on Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange with the ticker MANX.
T +49 (0) 5251 889 1216
M +49 (0) 162/ 200 77 61