ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS - Dividend payment of €0.96 per share - Modifications to the composition of the Board of Directors and specialised committees
Paris - May 28, 2013 Safran's Ordinary and Extraordinary Annual General Meeting of Shareholders was held today at the CNIT conference centre in Paris La Défense, under the chairmanship of Jean-Paul Herteman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Safran. All of the resolutions submitted to shareholders at the meeting were approved by a large majority, except resolution 23, which was rejected. This resolution, which was included in the agenda at the request of a shareholder, proposed the payment of a dividend of €0.77 per share. The Board of Directors had not recommended the adoption of this resolution. Safran shareholders approved the 2012 consolidated financial statements and decided on the payment of a dividend of €0.96 per share. An interim dividend of €0.31 per share was paid on December 20, 2012. The ex-dividend date for the remaining payout of €0.65 per share will be June 3, 2013 and the dividend will be paid on June 6, 2013. Concerning the composition of the Board of Directors, the terms of office of Francis Mer, Director and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, Michel Lucas, Director, and Jean-Marc Forneri, independent Director, expired at the close of the shareholders' meeting. Christian Streiff and Monique Cohen were appointed as replacements for respectively Francis Mer and Michel Lucas. Jean-Marc Forneri's term of office was renewed. The shareholders acknowledged the appointment of four Directors representing the French State: Astrid Milsan and Laure Reinhart (renewals); Thierry Pérard and Patrick Gandil as replacements for respectively Christophe Burg and Michèle Rousseau. The Board of Directors convened at the close of the shareholders' meeting. It appointed Christian Streiff as its new Vice Chairman. The composition of the specialised committees was modified and they are henceforth composed as follows:
- Audit and Risk Committee: Odile Desforges, independent Director, member and Chairman; Monique Cohen and Elisabeth Lulin, independent Directors, members; Astrid Milsan, Director representing the French State, member; Marc Aubry, Director representing employee shareholders, member; and Caroline Grégoire Sainte Marie, Board advisor attending in an advisory capacity.
- Appointments and Compensation Committee: Jean-Marc Forneri, independent Director, member and Chairman; Giovanni Bisignani and Christian Streiff, independent Directors, members ; Astrid Milsan and Thierry Pérard, Directors representing the French State, members.
- Strategy and Major Projects Committee: Christian Streiff, independent Director, member and Chairman; Giovanni Bisignani and Odile Desforges, independent Directors, members; Astrid Milsan, Thierry Pérard, Patrick Gandil and Laure Reinhart, Directors representing the French State, members; Xavier Lagarde, Director, member.
- Capital Markets Day CMD'13 : June 16, 2013
- H1 2013 results : July 26, 2013
Safran is a leading international high-technology group with three core businesses: Aerospace (propulsion and equipment), Defence and Security. Operating worldwide, the Group has 62,500 employees and generated sales of 13.6 billion euros in 2012. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. The Group invests heavily in Research & Development to meet the requirements of changing markets, including expenditures of 1.6 billion Euros in 2012. Safran is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris and is part of the CAC40 index.
Tel : +33 (0)1 40 60 80 45
Tel :+33 (0)1 40 60 35 96
2, bd du Général Martial Valin
75724 Paris Cedex 15 - France