Safran and Avic bolster collaboration on training programs
Paris, October 7, 2011
Safran and Avic have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on training, extending the strategic partnership first formed in 2010. The new agreement was signed by Gilbert Font, Director of Safran Corporate University, and Lu Shunfa, President of Avic University, on September 23 at Avic University in Mi Yun.
The MoU sets the foundations for collaboration between the two corporate universities on a number of programs and initiatives:
- Organization of training programs within the scope of new aviation projects developed by Safran and Avic.
- Organization of conferences and staff exchanges between the two groups.
- Participation by Safran and Avic employees in current training programs at the two universities.
- Organization by Avic University and Safran Corporate University of international training sessions for employees.
- Safran and Avic employees welcomed for in-service training during the mandatory corporate internship period.
- Support for the development of new partnerships with French and Chinese public universities.
- Sharing experience concerning university-level collaboration.
Through this latest agreement, Safran will continue its contribution to the development of the Chinese aviation industry, as well as its deep involvement in training aeronautical engineers and research. Safran's broad-based experience in aerospace propulsion and aircraft equipment, combined with Avic's own expertise, will ensure that the two companies' employees have access to the most advanced training programs in the market.
Safran is a leading international high-technology group with three core businesses: Aerospace (propulsion and equipment), Defence and Security. Operating worldwide, the Safran group has more than 54,000 employees and generated sales of 10.8 billion euros in 2010. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. The Group invests heavily in Research & Development to meet the requirements of changing markets, including expenditures of 1.2 billion euros in 2010. Safran is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris and its share is part of the CAC 40.
For more information, www.safran-group.com
Follow @SAFRAN on Twitter
Direction de la Communication
2, bd du Général Martial Valin
75724 Paris Cedex 15 – France
+33 (0)1 40 60 80 28