CFM Logs $11 Billion in LEAP Engine Orders
LE BOURGET – 23 June 2011 – CFM International has booked firm orders for 910 LEAP-X1A engines to power 455 Airbus A320neo aircraft. The engine orders are valued at more than $11 billion U.S. at list price.
- AirAsia placed the single largest order in aviation history, selecting the advanced LEAP engine to power 200 Airbus A320neo aircraft;
- CIT Aerospace placed an order for LEAP engines to power 15 A320neos;
- GE Capital Aviation Services (GECAS) ordered engines to power 60 A320neos;
- ILFC selected the LEAP engine to power 40 A320s;
- Republic Airways Holdings, the parent company of U.S.-based Frontier Airlines, selected the LEAP-X1A to power 40 A319neo and 40 A320neo aircraft;
- SAS chose the LEAP engine to power 30 A320neos;
- Virgin America officially launched the LEAP engine on 15 June with an order for engines to power 30 A320neo aircraft.
In addition to powering the A320neo, CFM also provides the exclusive Western powerplant for COMAC's 150-seater C919 aircraft. The LEAP-X1C has been ordered to power 100 C919 aircraft to date.
LEAP development is progressing on schedule and the engine is on track for entry into service in 2016.
The foundation of the LEAP engine is heavily rooted in advanced aerodynamics, environmental, and materials technology development programs. It will provide 15 percent better fuel consumption and an equivalent reduction in CO2 emissions compared to today's best CFM engine, along with a 50 percent reduction in oxides of nitrogen emissions, and up to a 15 decibel reduction in noise. All this technology brings with it CFM's legendary reliability and low maintenance costs.
LEAP engines are a product of CFM International (CFM), a 50/50 joint company between Snecma (Safran group) and GE and the world's leading supplier of commercial aircraft engines.
For more information, please contact:
Jamie Jewell - 513.552.2790 - email@example.com - Mobile : 513.885.2282
Rick Kennedy - 513.243.3372 - firstname.lastname@example.org - Mobile : 513.607.0609
Antoinette Menard - 220.127.116.11.09.28 - email@example.com - Mobile : 18.104.22.168.10.65