Paris, April 28, 2011 Following the Board of Directors of April 21, 2011 which appointed Jean-Paul Herteman, as Chairman & Chief Executive Officer and Dominique-Jean Chertier, Ross McInnes and Marc Ventre, as Deputy Chief Executive Officers, Safran (NYSE Euronext Paris: SAF) disclosed its new executive organisation.
- Dominique-Jean Chertier, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, will be in charge of the corporate office (HR, social and institutional affairs, legal, communication and audit).
- Ross McInnes, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, will be in charge of finance and risk management.
- Marc Ventre, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, will be in charge of sales and industrial operations.
A new role of Executive Vice President - Transformation is created. It will include Safran+ modernization programs, Research & Technology central operations, and a newly created Innovation directorate. Yves Leclère will be appointed, Executive Vice President - Transformation.
- Jean-Pierre Cojan is confirmed in his role of Executive Vice President - Strategy.
- Bruno Cotté is appointed Executive Vice President - International, replacing Emeric D'Arcimoles who will take up another role in the Group.
- Philippe Petitcolin, the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Snecma will join the senior management of the Group as Chief Executive Officer for Defence/Security.
- Pierre Fabre, the current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Turbomeca will be proposed at the upcoming Board of Directors of Snecma as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
- Olivier Andriès, the current Executive Vice President of the Defence/Security branch will be proposed at the upcoming Board of Directors of Turbomeca as its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
This new organisation will be implemented after consultation with employee representative bodies and will be followed by other appointments. The public reporting structure of the Group performance will remain unchanged: Aerospace Propulsion, Aircraft Equipment, Defence and Security.
Safran is a leading international high-technology group with three core businesses: Aerospace (propulsion and equipment), Defence and Security. Operating worldwide, the Safran group has more than 54,000 employees and generated sales of 10.8 billion euros in 2010. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. The Group invests heavily in Research & Development to meet the requirements of changing markets, including expenditures of 1.2 billion euros in 2010. Safran is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris and its share is part of the CAC Large 60 index. Press
Tel : +33 (0)1 40 60 80 28 Email:email@example.com Investor Relations
Tel : +33 (0)1 40 60 80 45 Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
Antoine-Pierre de Grammont
Tel :+33 (0)1 40 60 80 47 Email :email@example.com Safran
2, bd du Général Martial Valin
75724 Paris Cedex 15 - France