Safran Helicopter Engines UK – Fareham
Safran Helicopter Engines UK Ltd is located in the south of England in Fareham, and has been present in this country since the 1970s as AMES Limited, then Microturbo Limited, and latterly as Turbomeca Ltd.
Concorde Way, Segensworth North Hants PO15 5RL Fareham
With 80 years' experience in the aerospace market Safran has a reputation for focusing on you, its customer.
Supporting both the Civil and Military markets, the company's UK facility in Fareham is the European Maintenance Centre Hub (EMCH) for the Safran Helicopter Engines group, performing level 1 to 3 maintenance/repairs on Arriel, Arrius, Makila and RTM322 engines either onsite or at our customers' facilities.
Alongside the EMCH and with a broad customer base in both the fixed wing and rotary wing markets, Safran's experienced team of technical and support staff are also committed to delivering excellence in the Manufacturing, Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul of complex products such as air starters, air producers, auxiliary power units and oil pumps. We are very focused on delivering these products and services to meet all our customer requirements with particular attention to turnaround time performance.
Safran's largest UK customer for its helicopter engines is the Ministry of Defence, with the RTM322 fitted to the Merlin and the Apache, the Makila 1A1 fitted to the Puma, and the Astazou on the Gazelle helicopter. Other large UK customers include operators such as Babcock, the National Police Air Service, PDG, and the Military Flying Training School.
The Fareham based facility also manufactures parts which includes the oil Pumps for all Safran Helicopter Engine types.
Safran continues to invest heavily in its people, its facilities and its equipment and is a proud participant in the UK government's Sharing in Growth (SIG) scheme.
Human Resources Document
Safran Helicopter Engines Modern day Slavery and Human trafficking StatementDownload Human Resources Document (PDF, 0.15MB)
The Safran Helicopter Engines team are all proud to say that we have been supporting the UK Armed Forces for 50 years – it is an integral part of what we do and how we operate day to day. We commit to uphold the key principles of the Armed Force Covenant, which are:
- “Those who serve in the Armed Forces, whether Regular or Reserve, those who have served in the past, and their families, should face no disadvantage compared to other citizens in the provision of public and commercial services.”
- “Special consideration is appropriate in some cases, especially for those who have given most such as the injured and the bereaved.”
We value the relationship that we have with both Veterans & Serving members of the Armed Forces and recognise the important role the men and women who serve our country play in keeping us all safe at home and abroad.
- We have several active members of the Reserve Services who are actively supported in their Reserve commitments by the company.
- We have a strong veteran community within the business, including the CEO, Engineering Director and Senior Engineering Manager; almost 15% of the existing workforce have prior military service.
- In addition we actively support the partners of those in military service.
Military Customer Contacts
Field Service Representatives for Technical support
Out of Hours, technical enquiries are dealt with by your Field Service Representative.
In the unlikely event they are non-contactable please call Safran Helpline: +33(0) 164 146 414
Or one of the concerned persons mentioned below: