• Manage the Master Production Scheduling and production planning activities to align plant deliveries to customer demands
• Manage the Procurement of all materials required to meet customer demands
• Manage the DWAS Distribution activities on the site.
• Manage the Warehousing and Shipping/Receiving activities on the site.
• Optimization of supply chain activities including Kanban inventory replenishment, consignment inventory, supplier integration, and inventory source control
• Serve as key liaison with the Global Supply Chain Manager regarding material requirements, improvement opportunities, and key action plans for the supply chain partnership
• Manage inventory levels of raw materials, MRO, ancillary items, et al. in accordance with established company procedures
• Ensure consistent and effective production planning and inventory control with particular emphasis on improving material productivity, manufacturing productivity, and inventory management
• Interface with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and Warehouse/Logistics Teams to achieve delivery, cost, and quality goals
• Manage the sales order process to ensure efficient and accurate fulfillment of orders and customer inquiries
• Perform other related duties as required
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Required Behavioral Dimensions:
• Customer Focus
• Planning and Organizing
• Building and maintaining a Successful Team
• Tactical and Strategic Decision Making
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelor of Science Degree
• 5+ years of related work experience in the manufacturing industry. Strong preference for Aerospace experience
• International business experience a strong plus
• CPIM/APICS certification required
• Intermediate to fluent French and English language skills
• Knowledge of SAP and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) systems required
• Six Sigma Green Belt or lean certification desired
Specificity of the job
International travel to France 1-2 times per year or as needed.
Domestic travel on occasion as needed.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran