Responsibilities of Position:
• Understand and follow Safran Landing Systems KY procedures, operating manuals, work instructions, and standard operating procedures required to support Safran Landing Systems KY goals
• Maintain a clean, safe work environment
• Assemble metal hardware to carbon/carbon disks as required for riveting operation
• Load and sequence disks and/or fixtures through correct riveting programs
• Qualified to perform manual and/or robotic application of Oxidation coating to carbon/carbon disks per drawing/specification requirements; manual application requires initial operator qualification/certification with annual re-certification
• Accurate operation of precision dimensional measuring instruments
• Utilize data collection systems to accurately document/monitor/track production processes/products
• Kit heat stacks for customer order fulfillment as required
• Perform minor preventive equipment maintenance
• Safe operation/use of production, material handling, and other equipment
• Support and follow Quality, Safety, Environmental, Process, Engineering, and Personnel procedures/policies
• Communicate ideas/opportunities for continuous improvement
• Receiving and electronically logging in receipt of worn heat stacks, verifying purchase order, part number, quantity, etc.
• Qualified to perform inspection of worn carbon disks; inspection of worn carbon requires initial operator qualification/certification with annual re-certification
• Trained to work at the Repair workstation
• Picking, packing, and data entry of outbound shipment on a weekly basis
• Perform other related duties as required
Direct Reports None
Broad Control None
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position:
• vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
• subjected to inside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
• work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
• perform manual labor requiring climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 pounds regularly
Required Behavioral Dimensions:
• Contributing to Team Success
• Planning and Organizing
• Quality Orientation
• Work Standards
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
• High school diploma/GED
• Three to five years manufacturing experience
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel a plus)
• Coating Systems or Automated equipment/systems experience preferred
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to effectively learn and use technical information
• Ability to effectively analyze information and identify root causes to troubleshoot and solve problems
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran