• Assign work and oversee activities of manufacturing employees with safety, quality, delivery, and cost as primary goals
• Lead continuous improvement via lean initiatives, and facilitate the implementation of ideas; complete advanced Lean Principles training
• Drive performance objectives in the areas of delivery, cost, quality, and safety, and assist team members in consistently achieving their specific goals
• Build positive employee relationships based on defined measurable goals, open communication, and participative management
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal customers
• Operate and/or oversee the operation of technical processes and equipment
• Monitor equipment and processes and ensure recording of process parameters
• Troubleshoot manufacturing anomalies relating to equipment and process operation, productivity, and quality
• Monitor the proper and efficient material handling to ensure product traceability, adherence to quality requirements, and scheduling demands
• Follow all procedures administered by safety, quality, process engineering and facilities engineering
• Create a flexible workforce via training of personnel across manufacturing operations
• Complete Leadership-type training as specified by the Operations Manager
• Perform other duties as required
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
• Three years of experience in a technical position or previous Leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability to train others
• Demonstrated ability in technical problem-solving
• Building a Successful Team
• Decision Making
• Managing Conflict
• Planning and Organizing
• Safety Awareness
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
• Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of a Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
• Potential to work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
• Potential to work in confined spaces and wear a respirator and/or self-contained breathing apparatus
• Subjected to environmental conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
• May be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes as defined in 40 CFR 261.3
• Vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran