Responsibilities of Position:
• Install, troubleshoot, repair, test, and maintain mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment to include but not limited to: pipefitting, pump rebuilding, basic industrial electrical skills, gear boxes, chains, belts, hydraulic valves, electric, and hydraulic motors, etc.
• Install, troubleshoot, repair, test, and maintain electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment to include but not limited to: AC & DC circuits, disconnecting devices, relays, pushbuttons, DCS & PLC components, microprocessor systems, conduit, wiring, overload protection devices, gear boxes, chains, belts, hydraulic valves, electric, and hydraulic motors, etc.
• Make modifications to systems in accordance with engineering guidelines to support production demands
• Train other maintenance personnel in equipment operation and maintenance techniques
• Perform preventive and predictive maintenance tasks
• Improve equipment reliability through improved designs and preventive maintenance techniques
• Maintain all plant equipment and facilities in accordance with National, State, and Local Codes
• Perform other related duties as required
Physical/Environmental Scope of Position:
• work in/near electro-magnetic fields created by high temperature induction furnaces
• subjected to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat and cold, atmospheric conditions, noise, vibration, oils, and other related industrial hazards
• work in confined spaces and wear a respirator
• vocal communication, hearing, and visual acuity are required for safety, direction, and the exchange of ideas in the industrial environment
• will be exposed to and handle hazardous wastes
• Must demonstrate the physical capacity to meet the demands of the "Heavy" Job Placement Assessment (JPA) as administered by St. Elizabeth Business Health Services
Candidates for positions with Safran Landing Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Landing Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: 859-817-2947. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Required Behavioral Dimensions:
• Continuous Learning
• Safety Awareness
• Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
• Work Standards
• Minimum of three years experience in an industrial environment
• Experience in using electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
• Knowledge of various types of hydraulic, pneumatic, and water pumps, valves, and related systems
• Additional education, experience, and/or military experience will be considered in the event that an applicant does not meet one or more of the above requirements
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. The company has partnerships with 20 airframers in civil, regional, commercial and military transport, and supports 27,000 aircraft.
- © Safran