• Manufacturing Engineering support for New Programs and special Projects where new process development or Buy to Make transfer of work efforts are required.
•Creation and maintenance of industrialization Schedules to meet Safran One Develop, Customer rate readiness, and Safety requirements
•Assist with FMEA process sustaining and improvement efforts, and facilitation of FMEA workshops to ensure adherence to Safran and internal FMEA policies with focus on the areas of Composites and Mechanical assembly
•Communication with Design Engineering, Program Managers, and production departments in various facilities to ensure manufacturability and standardization throughout development
•Assist with department compliance to Transfer of Work policy
•Assist with reduction of cutting pattern industrialization and processing backlog when necessary
•Assist with New Process Capacity Reviews and Ramp up Plans
• Assist with pattern, Tooling, and process equipment design when necessary for standards and quality improvements
• Problem Solving and Process design through common methods, such as tooling, instructions and equipment.
• Bill of Material and labor performance monitoring to ensure cost to estimate for Development projects
• Leadership of support engineers and technicians when needed.
•Perform Process Capabilities studies and preparation for Production Readiness Reviews
• Response to customer audits and Requests for Information
•Ensure evidence of APQP and PPAP deliverables are collected and maintained
•Process design through common methods, such as tooling, instructions and equipment.
• Engineered solutions to Improve process and facility safety
• Support for introduction of new production lines
• Support for resolution of safety and Customer claims issues for new programs
• Creation and maintenance of work instructions when needed
• Presentations at Program Reviews when requested and equipment Capacity Analysis
• PFMEA creation and update support
•Tooling and process equipment design for New Programs
•Industrial project management
•Provide and maintain work instructions when needed
•Assistance with establishing accurate labor standards
•Assistance with production ramp up planning of product transfer from buy to make if necessary
• Other duties as assigned.
• BSIE, BSME or Process Engineering degree required plus 3 to 4 years experience or related experiences.
• Some Project Management or Product Development Program experience
• Hands on Equipment troubleshooting
• Ability to design tools and aids
• Ability to understand and interpret engineering documents.
• Experience with CAD software. Preferably Auto Cad, Solid Works, or Catia
• Must have strong computer skills and excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated Project Management Skill a plus
Specificity of the job
Some occasional travel to other facilities and vendors, national and international
Locate your future workplace
1747 NJ-34 NJ 07727
New Jersey United States