We're looking for an exceptional talent to join our HSE team, focusing on health, safety, and environmental programs for our Wall facility.
Principle duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage EHS document management systems, including distribution of controlled documents, record keeping meeting compliance requirements.
• Increase employee safety awareness by providing comprehensive and consistent training, both regulatory and company-mandated;
• Assist with the development and sustaining of safety programs to ensure safe and having injury free work environment for employees by following policies, local and national regulations, including training compliance and ergonomics,
• Under the direction of EHS Manager support preparation of required federal, state, and local government reports relating to environmental issues as well as other reports requested by management. Manage pollution prevention program.
• Verify compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and company standards, and ensure all necessary programs and records/evidences are prepared and sustained according to established guidelines.
• Under the direction of EHS Manager support updating EHS documents as necessary and continuously improving the EHS system established based on ISO 14001 and Company standards.
• Work with cross functional organizations to improve and develop effective and sustainable solutions for environmental challenges, risks, requirements and policy goals, specifically focusing on the Carbon reduction commitment implementation.
• Manages all chemical requests and inventories to ensure proper labeling, use, storage, and disposal.
• Reviews and maintains all Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and makes each one available to all employees for their review and information.
• Responsible for safe handling, movement of hazardous materials, and verification of properly containment for hazardous, non-hazardous and universal waste and shipping off site for disposal.
• Responsible for accident and near miss investigations, including environmental incidents and risk and impact assessment audits for prevention of work-related injuries with department supervisors, and managers. Support them to identify and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
• Provide support and advice to employees and managers in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental issues on site, involving other members of the HS&E team to provide specialist guidance when necessary.
• Perform industrial hygiene monitoring (noise, indoor air quality,vibration, etc.) as needed.
• Coordinate and perform general workplace risk assessments, environmental impact assessment, chemical risk assessment, including recommended corrective actions.
• Provide reports and dashboards both to the HS&E Manager and site management to support continuous monitoring and improvement processes.
• Responsible for hazardous material UN code entries into MRP system.
I) Must have knowledge of environmental regulations.
II) Must have strong administrative and organizational skills.
III) Must be an effective communicator, motivator and leader.
IV) Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional travel as required.
Specificity of the job
Less tan 10% travel.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
- © Safran