Summary: The Director, Facilities, Risk and HSE is responsible for defining, coordinating and managing all activities related to physical facilities, grounds, utilities, energy management systems and safety/security systems located in the United States (current locations Mississippi and New Jersey). Acting as the Risk Manager within the company, the Director, Facilities, Risk and HSE will ensure a robust Risk Management process is deployed throughout the company, including the management of the company Business Continuity Plan and the management of a thorough and robust the HSE program for the company.
This position represents Safran Aerosystems Evacuation within the company and will ensure coordination and alignment with indirect reporting and “sister positions” at our commercial facilities located on the Safran campus in Chihuahua, Mexico.
In terms of operational responsibilities:
• Management of all physical facility activities at our US locations (Mississippi and New Jersey), including scheduling and supervising all facilities maintenance and repair activities, contracted services and custodial services, ensuring the physical facility functionality according to the company standards, strategic objectives and approved annual budget. Future responsibilities will include the management of site level functional management of IT infrastructure, where global direction provided by Safran Group.
• Responsible for the management, coordination and execution of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) procedures, policies and improvements within SEV. In this role, leads the team to execute these policies and advises and supports the operational personnel at each facility.
• Define, coordinate, execute and enforce the procedures and rules allowing the provision of infrastructures and associated services (One Safran Facilities Handbook FAC5) according to industry practices and in accordance with company guidelines.
• Ensure the management of all facilities projects to meet quality, schedule and cost objectives, including developing the scope of work, schedule and execution of sub-contractor contracts.
o Develop Requests for Quote documents and perform analysis of proposals ensuring that all objectives are specified and achievable.
o Ensure all work is completed adhering to local regulations, industry standards, divisional and company requirements.
• Management and execution of all Preventative Maintenance program associated with the facility functions, ensuring that facilities and grounds meet or exceed company expectations, including planned emergency response drills.
• Responsible for the non-production/office area projects, including layout development, maintenance and improvement projects.
• Responsible for keeping facilities up to code.
• Coordinates, schedules, & applies for permits, with the applicable regulatory authorities at the township, county, state and federal level.
• Risk manager for the company, responsible for defining, deploying and overseeing risk management processes, covering all threats facing the company and for proposing solutions to deal with such risks as effectively as possible in order to provide top management with insight for strategic decisions.
o Responsible for ensuring the development and on-going process to test and maintain the Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
o Ensure Emergency Response Plans are adequate, communicated with clear lines of responsibility, maintained and updated for each US location.
o Coordinate with plant management to prepare for weather related events, ensuring events are anticipated, clear lines of responsibility established, communication protocols are clear and all safety protocols are followed to ensure highest levels of safety and minimal production downtime.
• Development and execution of a facilities 5 year project roadmap for each location, in accordance with management vision, Safety and Energy requirements, facility improvement and maintenance requirements for the company.
• Develop an annual and mid-term (5 year) budget for each facility, including operational and capital expenditures.
Other duties, as assigned.
In term of management and leadership responsibilities:
• Train and support the team in the implementation of the standards and procedures of the applicable reference documentation system
• Ensure the incorporation of experiences and the skills development of his/her team
o Guides and coaches his/her teams in technical choices;
o Responsible for matching the workload/capacity/projected competence of his/her team.
o Takes responsibility for his/her team using the leadership model:
o Responsible for developing the skills of his/her team and their careers
o Contributes to and/or ensures the management of recruitments and mobility in collaboration with human resources.
• Contributes to and manages training plans, in accordance with the skills development needs and training areas of his/her Division.
• Responsible for compliance with HSE and Safety rules and performance, within his/her scope (establishment of prevention plans, General Planned Inspections (GPI), authorizations, etc.)
• ~ 5 direct reports [Local Facilities Maintenance, Facilities Engineer, HSE, IT (future)] with reporting teams for each function.
Education and/or Experience:
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering discipline, Industrial Engineering or related field and 8+ year's experience in a facilities management, maintenance or plant engineering related position.
Contracts and contract negotiations – Advanced
Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Advanced
Leadership skills – Advanced
Interpersonal and presentation skills – Advanced
Effective communication skills – Expert
Excellent verbal and written skills in the English language – Expert
Ability to work in a cross-functional/international team environment - Advanced
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Facility Manager Certification- Preferred
Specificity of the job
Travel required (approximately 25%), most US, but may include limited international (Mexico and France)
Locate your future workplace
1747 NJ 34 NJ 07727
New Jersey United States