The Supplier Quality Engineer is a key technical leader responsible for working with Suppliers, Contract Manufacturers, Design Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain for the selection of qualified suppliers and improvement of supplier performance to provide a positive impact on the quality of new and existing products.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
• A dynamic personality style with the ability and willingness to promote appropriate change and improvement.
• Experience in dealing directly with suppliers at multiple levels in the organization
• Ability to work autonomously, prioritize the workload, assess escalation needs and manage multiple projects and priorities concurrently
• Ability to find and evaluate risks within the supply chain, and propose long term solutions.
• General familiarity with aerospace manufacturing equipment.
• Solid understanding of receiving inspection processes including statistical sampling, component measurement techniques, specifications and drawings.
• Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making skills required with thorough working knowledge of Quality systems methods and practices (DOE, PFMEA, Control Plans, Lean Manufacturing concepts, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
• Proficient in use of spreadsheets (report formatting, graphing, formula calculation generation), database, presentation and project management tools (i.e. Excel, Minitab, etc.).
• Ability to read and understand assembly drawings, schematics, block diagrams and Engineering Change Notices for the purpose of specific inspection criteria and evaluation.
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
• Proficient with a personal computer and selected software applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Minimum: Bachelor's of Science degree from and accredited institution in Engineering (Composite , Mechanical, Industrial, or Equivalent Discipline i.e. Physics).
French language skill will be considered as a plus
Minimum: 3 years in supplier quality discipline;
Must be certified to perform audits against GRP-0087
Preferred: 5+ years in supplier quality discipline, Six Sigma and Lean methodology; certified preferred
Technical background (Design Office, Engineering, Composite materials or Industrialization)
Specificity of the job
Must be open to travel as needed (25% -50%).
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
- © Safran