• Put in place the manufacturing means in order to reach the cost, quality and schedule objectives for the P700 retrofit
o Manage the production line installation
o Define the line organization (Including support services) in line with the cost, quality, schedule objectives
o Take part of the teams recruitment
o Define the training plan for the teams
• Ensure planned KPI's of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded
• Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedures for all production operations
• Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals
• Ensure standard manufacturing times are achieved and improved
• Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives
• Monitor the production processes and agree the weekly Monthly production Plan in line with Customer demand and targeted buffer
• Plan & meet SQCDPI KPI's for the work center
• Manage the performance & conduct of all employees in the work center
• Ensure complete compliance to prescribed Quality Management Systems
• Carry out responsibilities of an employee and manager as outlined in the Company's Health and Safety Policy
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out in the area and implement corrective actions where necessary
• Carry out detailed accident investigations (when required), produce reports to a high standard and implement robust corrective actions
• Consistently deliver quality products through the continued improvement of processes and systems by maintaining consistent operator self-inspection, systematic root cause analysis, scrap and rework prevention measures
• Ensure the correct provision and utilization of all required resources eg QC, ME etc.
• Drive, champion and maintain QRQC (Quick Response Quality Control through continuous improvement & problem resolution)
• Identify areas and propose solutions, wherever possible, to reduce costs and maximize profit.
• Manage the Cost of Production
• Ensure customer requirements are met through the achievement of Master Program Schedule (MPS), the timely resolution of conflicts, and the provision of all required information that may impact resource availability or performance levels
• Produce and update relevant KPIs specific to the work center
• Be responsible for the maintenance of the visual management boards
• Proactively manage a team of employees including performance management, appraisals, time and attendance, disciplinary and grievance
• Carry out appraisals and play an active role in the team's development including providing feedback on performance in a positive and constructive manner and identifying training requirements to support the production process
• Conduct team meetings and team briefings
The General Manager of the Safran Nacelles Savannah site.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaborative working relationship with General Manager
• Building team spirit between Manufacturing, ME, Quality engineering, etc.
• Actively participate in production meetings with your peers
• Participate in cross-functional projects
• Organize the internal and external reporting
• Provide training / advice / guidance to the operation team as required
• Work cross functionally with other SAFRAN sites in your field of expertise through various forums
• Represent SAFRAN in the face of customers / industry meetings
• Bachelors Degree in Aviation/Aerospace; Masters Degree preferred
• Minimum 10 years of management experience
• Lean sigma experience skills
• Strategic & Technical Leadership skills
• Operational Planning skills
• Communication skills
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Nacelles is a world leader for aircraft nacelles and an active player in after-market services, with 23,000 products in service, and 145,000 daily flight hours. The company is active in all segments of the market, from regional jets and corporate aircraft to the largest airliners.
- © Safran