Repair and maintenance mechanic that applies to nacelle hardware in flight test
The nacelle mechanic will conduct maintenance tasks, visual inspections and rework including but not limited to structural repair based written instructions. The person will also achieve light instrumentation tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
• Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets).
• Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
• Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
• Achieve instrumentation basic tasks such as thermocouple or accelerometer epoxy bonding, connecting electrical harnesses, harness routing with silicone and tie-rap, electrical voltage and resistance check.
• Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and inspections on aircraft.
• Maintain and use all logs and records.
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area and complies with all safety regulations of airframer.
• Work under moderate supervision on duties and tasks.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Four (4) year related structural/assembly experience
• Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) mechanic certificate
• Basic Composite Repair experience
• Basic knowledge in calibrated tools (torque wrenches, multi-meters, precision measuring equipment)
• Basic knowledge in instrumentation (thermocouple, strain gages, pressure transducer…)
• Able to support flexibles hours, work in morning or afternoon shift and over the weekend.
• Able to work in a team with a positive mindset
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Nacelles is a world leader for aircraft nacelles and an active player in after-market services, with 23,000 products in service, and 145,000 daily flight hours. The company is active in all segments of the market, from regional jets and corporate aircraft to the largest airliners.