Produce innovative, intelligent designs (drawings) for onsite production in a timely manner with respect to the project schedule, while optimizing ease of manufacturing, cost, weight and function from preliminary layouts and sketches.
Design to mandatory regulatory requirements, customer and company specifications.
Apply Safran engineering standards.
Produce ECNs (Engineering Change Notices) as required to support manufacturing, customers, quality and certification with minimal supervision.
All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of Safran products.
As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
• Review maintenance manuals and related documents to establish repair capabilities.
• Develop repair and testing supplementary documentation to be used by Operations personnel.
• Work closely with Operations and Quality to ensure repair processes are performed in accordance with Safran Quality documents and return to service criteria.
• Design and modify tooling needed for maintenance of aircraft products.
• Specify, develop and modify test equipment for various aircraft components.
• Continuously improve production efficiency and quality to meet key metrics.
• Draft and assist in creating major repairs and submittals.
• Communicate technical data issues to the design authority and ensure updates are completed.
• Work seamlessly with offsite engineering team for support and approval when necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Must be willing to work overtime as necessary.
NOTE: This position is for a specific project that will last until Mid-Late Fall 2023. It will be a direct hire to Safran and.include all benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job posting does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
• Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical or a related Engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
• Ability to read, interpret and apply Engineering Standards.
• Understanding of various machining and manufacturing processes.
• Strong ability to collect and interpret data to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Ability to read/understand prints (GD&T), routings, bill of materials, and process sheets.
• 1-2 years' experience in a manufacturing, repair station, or test environment working with drawings, specifications, technicians, and engineers.
• Experience with CAD for 3D modeling and drafting.
• Experience with Configuration Control and PLM systems.
• Experience with Labview, PLC and general data collection methods.
• Ability to read and create electrical and hydraulic schematics.
• Experience with aircraft starters, generators, ram air turbines and power distribution equipment.
• Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
Equal split between office work and working on the shop floor with production technicians.
Locate your future workplace
51 Wings Road, building 762 GA 31408
Georgia United States