A glimpse at the job:
This role is located in our Denton, Texas facility, within the North America headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power.
Lean Sigma Engineer drives change and coaches others to foster a lean operation, facilitates Kaizen events and other continuous improvement efforts and maintains a continuous learning environment with production and support functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans advanced Lean Sigma projects, including budgets;
• Leads Lean Sigma projects that will produce significant cost savings;
• Ensures projects are on schedule and customer expectations are meet;
• Contributes to the development and Implementation of lean sigma deployment plan;
• Fosters the Lean Sigma culture within the organization;
• Designs, develops, implements and evaluates internal Lean Sigma training programs;
• May deliver employee Lean Sigma Green Belt Training;
• Mentors Green Belt candidates to reach certification ensuring compliance to methodology;
• Provides bench marking and best practice research;
• Makes presentations to review status of projects as appropriate;
• Provides timely internal reports to management (bi-weekly presentations, monthly project reports, quarterly reports;
• Serves as instructor for courses that teaches personnel how to assess, identify and improve their own needs and opportunities;
• Drives development of company's production system initiatives and projects;
• Gathers data, conducts analyses, and develops recommendations for implementation of 5s and Lean principles;
• Assists with workstation / work area/ tooling design using knowledge of 5s, Lean, and ergonomics;
• Uses problem-solving, analytical, and negotiation skills to develop innovative solutions to manufacturing problems, including defect elimination, and procures required resources and support;
• Keeps focus in Best Practices sharing and implementation;
• Sustains Employee Suggestion Program and I see I do initiative;
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
• Regular, predictable attendance is required;
• Other duties may be assigned.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position requires access to technologies and hardware subject to US national security based on export control requirements. All applicants must be US Persons (8 USC 1324b(a)(3)), or otherwise authorized by the U.S. Government. No company sponsorship will be offered.
Education and/or Experience
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing processes.
Requires formal Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma methods training. Prefer 2 or more years of Lean Sigma experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Requires Lean Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent
• Requires Kaizen event methodology experience.
• Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) – Advanced
• Minitab – Advanced
• Advanced knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
• Ability to communicate, verbally and written, to internal and external customers
• Capable of managing large amounts of data and tasks
• Ability to build strategic working relationships at all levels of the organization
• Ability to analyze various options to determine best solution for the organization
• Self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic team environment and produce results with minimal management guidance
• Experience leading Kaizen events with evidence of significant savings and benefits
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world's leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 11,500 employees across 13 different countries.
- © Safran