The Senior Program Manager has program performance and P&L responsibility for a medium to large complexity program. He/She will have direct responsibility for any project manager(s) assigned to him/her. The Senior Program Manager provides leadership to a matrixed cross functional integrated program team (IPT), and drives continuous improvement using company root cause and corrective action processes. The Senior Program Manager is responsible for delivering the program objectives, managing program performance, risks, opportunities, and change control according to internal rules and processes.
The Senior Program Manager will report to a Business Unit, Division leader or Director of Programs. The Senior Program Manager serves as the Customer(s) primary Point of Contact POC).
Summary of Duties:
• Responsibility, Authority and full Accountability, including program P&L, for the successful execution and Customer Satisfaction of the Program under his/her leadership
• Responsible for the overall financial performance of the program
• Maintain the Business Case for the entire program life cycle
• Monitor and control program Non Recurring Expenses (NRE)
• Ensure profitability through Design To Cost (DTC) management
• Strong emphasis on Scope Control and Change Management
• Update program financials at least quarterly & determine root cause & corrective actions for variances
• Program bid, planning & control
• Estimate non-recurrent & recurring costs targets
• Review customer requirements technical compliance matrix
• Create & maintain the program management plan
• Work with IPT to develop, baseline and maintain the program Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
• Analyze and prioritize tasks on the Critical Path throughout the program life cycle
• Support the S&OP meetings and coordinate the program medium to long range planning
• Ensure previous lessons learned are incorporated into program planning and control
• Identify and manage program (internal & external)
• Perform and maintain program risk & opportunity assessment ( quantitative and qualitative)
• Review the customer contract compliance and control scope
• Primary Point of Contact with customer over the entire program life cycle
• Communicate to customer the commitments of the BU
• Be responsible for arranging program progress reviews with the customer
• Report to the customer a progress status of the program, compliant with their follow up expectations
• Lead internal and customer milestone gate reviews ( e.g. PDR, CDR, PRR, etc)
• Capture and communicate lessons learned
• Oversee assigned Project Manager(s) and IPT work package leaders
• Ability to build strong teams, and facilitate conflict resolution
• Set program priorities and provide strategic guidance on day-to-day program issues
• Establish program governance, including program key performance indicators (KPIs) & conduct weekly program review
• Prepare and lead IPT meetings with the IPT
• Monitor KPIs, including earn value management indicator, and ensure variances are addressed in a timely manner
• Monitor problem solving and ensure root cause corrective action and recovery plan is defined & executed
• Provide annual performance review input for IPT resources to functional leadership
• Identify and manage program interdependencies
• Serve as primary liaison with Executive Management
• Provide the Voice of the Customer (VoC)
• Enable flow down of “corporate directives” to IPT
• Provide strategic guidance from an operational perspective
• Support monthly review with documented corrective action for any red KPIs
• Report roadblocks, execution gaps to leadership with a recommendation to resolve the issue(s)
• Support, aide in the design, and manage the implementation of common processes and the deployment of corporate standard Program Management initiatives within the program
• Risk & opportunity Management
• Responsible for managing and controlling risks & opportunities
• Ensure all major risks & opportunities have assigned owners, mitigation/capture plans, and drive risk/opportunity plan execution
• Resource Management
• Determine required program resources needs through development and serial production
• Set priorities and work with functional leadership to ensure program resource needs are met
• Provide development plans, and coaching for assigned project managers
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: Typically requires 10 years of program management experience in a commercial aerospace environment required. Strong knowledge of program management methodologies and proven ability to manage programs.
Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Project, competent with MS Office programs.
Other Skills: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build and maintain effective relationships, leadership skills, organizational skills, ability to analyze & summarize information, financial acumen
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Degree in Engineering
• Project Management certification (PMI, PMP, etc.)
• Experience with LEAN principles and continuous improvement
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
• Sales/Budget projections
• Update program financials at least quarterly, including business case
• Provide fiscal year forecast
• Provide Long-term (5-year) comprehensive projection
Business travel up to 30-40% is likely.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran