Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Project Engineer 3 leads the development of a product.
Summary of Duties:
1. Define and implement the development plan according to Safran's standard development processes and in line with the performance, quality, delivery and cost commitments.
2. Lead the project team. This involves circulating bottom-up and top-down information about the project and formally defining, in conjunction with project team members' line managers, the availability of the requisite skills and resources.
3. Produce summaries of development quotes drawn up in conjunction with the relevant business lines and draft technical and financial proposals to be submitted for approval
4. Define the project reference system (document reference system, approval records, configuration reports, etc.) in accordance with regulatory requirements.
5. Oversee application of the project schedule and updates of management indicators (KPIs).
6. Oversee the rigorous implementation and application of all project management methods in accordance with regulations and standards: weekly management meetings, KPIs, dashboards, reports, etc.
7. As part of the development process, provide input for technical choices in conjunction with the technical teams and relevant business lines.
8. Provide IPT support when dealing with the customer and the authorities (certification/flightworthiness).
9. Oversee management of development risks and opportunities by integrating experience feedback.
10. If necessary, set up task forces to resolve development sticking points and/or contingencies.
11. Participate in project development reviews (technical, production engineering, support) to prepare program milestone reviews.
12. Take part in IPT team meetings.
13. Mentor Project Engineers 1, 2, on engineering project management practices, tools and expectations.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, Safran Perks with BenefitHub – Employee Discounts & Rewards Marketplace for consumer products/services and more!
• Management roles may be eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in Engineering or related field
Minimum 5 year related experience in aerospace or engineering project management.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CAD & PLM Systems
• Strong knowledge of Project management tools
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling is required.
Salary range: USD 100,000 - 125,000
Locate your future workplace
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
California United States