Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
The Project Engineer 2 contributes to the development of a product and leads some of its work packages.
Summary of Duties:
1. Contribute to the development plan according to Safran's standard development processes and in line with the performance, quality, delivery and cost commitments
2. Is an active member of the project team. This involves circulating bottom-up and top-down information about the project and formally defining, in conjunction with project team members' line managers, the availability of the requisite skills and resources.
3. Produce data for summaries of development quotes drawn up in conjunction with the relevant business lines and draft technical and financial proposals to be submitted for approval
4. Produce data for the project reference system (document reference system, approval records, configuration reports, etc.) in accordance with regulatory requirements"
5. Do the project schedule and updates of management indicators (KPIs) for his/her perimeter
6. Apply all project management methods in accordance with regulations and standards: weekly management meetings, KPIs, dashboards, reports, etc.
7. As part of the development process, provide input for technical choices in conjunction with the technical teams and relevant business lines
8. Identify risks, opportunities and action plans
9. If necessary, contribute to task forces to resolve development sticking points and/or contingencies
10. Prepare and participate in project development reviews (technical, production engineering, and support) to prepare program milestone reviews.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent, in Engineering or related field
Minimum 3 year related experience in aerospace or engineering project management.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CAD & PLM Systems
• Proficient knowledge of Project management tools
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Locate your future workplace
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
California United States
- © Safran