Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Summary of Duties:
• Identify areas of waste on the shop floor and provide improvement ideas.
• Perform time studies on operations to define work content and evaluate headcount requirements on existing and new production lines.
• Drive quality, efficiency and output across the area, upholding the highest Health and Safety performance.
• Provide training and assistance to production personnel for all facets related to the manufacturing of the product.
• Draft and implement layout of equipment, materials and workspace to achieve maximum efficiency.
• Understand Material Flow and propose improvements.
• Identify and, deploy tooling to aid in production processes.
• Support production workshops and teams on improvement topics and QRQC initiatives
• Capture engineering changes and adopt work instructions, tooling with the support of Tooling Engineers, routings and BOM in line with date of incorporation
• Work with the tooling team to develop shop aids or class C tools as required
• Support Departmental and Personal Objectives/Measurements
• Requires little to no experience in discipline
• Conducts routine tasks as directed
• Closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment
Safran is seeking candidates for Production Engineering Internship or our location. This internship will provide students with professional experience that will enhance their classroom learning.
The job will involve working on various operational improvement projects and supporting fellow Production Engineers in their projects. The intern will support in solving manufacturing issues and reducing the time to manufacture products with the implementation of time saving measures.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. SAFRAN Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
Education: Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level degree in Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering or another related engineering field. GPA 3.2 or above.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), AutoCAD, design software (Catia V5 preferred), Minitab.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills
• Willingness to learn new software applications
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven team environment
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
“The expected salary range for this positions is between $20.00 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.”
Specificity of the job
· Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
· Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
· Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
Traveling may be required.
Locate your future workplace
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
California United States