Execute the industrial dossier in line with Cabin and Division industrialization standards. Work within the operational teams supporting RCCA's, engineering changes and product / process development. Responsible for updating the production element of the industrial dossier during the production of the program / product, maintaining work instructions, BOM and routings. Focal for industrialization in QRQC efforts. Responsible to optimize the manufacturing resource usage through continuous improvement in relation to Process Engineering, Quality, and Operational Excellence teams.
This position will report operationally to the Operations Manager of the site. If the production site has no development / engineering present, this role will also have functional reporting to the Divisional Industrialization Director. The Production Engineer will be based at one of the division sites. Some travel may be required to the other sites.
Summary of Duties:
• Ensure Cabin and Divisional industrialization standards are followed throughout the lifecycle of the program
• Anticipate and take account of difficulties encountered, act as interface with production engineering methods and process methods and propose the necessary improvements
• Support production workshops and teams on improvement topics and QRQC initiatives
• Analyze production performance and propose necessary improvements
• Capture engineering changes and adopt work instructions, tooling with the support of Tooling Engineers, routings and BOM in line with date of incorporation
• Train the operators on new or updated manufacturing processes in Operations
• Work with the tooling team to develop shop aids or class C tools as required
• Perform time studies, develop work breakdown, develop standard work instructions
• Contribute to the costing proposals submitted to customers as required
• Champion and implement Lean principles
• Lead and participate in Kaizen and 3P events to develop improvements and plans
• Support Departmental and Personal Objectives/Measurements
Level 1 Qualifications:
Education: BS in Industrial, Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
Experience: 0-3 years.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Windows Operating System®, Office XP®, AutoCAD.
Other Skills: Experience with airworthiness regulations desired.
Description: Entry-level position within job role.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran