The role of Fill & Fair is considered a mid-level role within Safran Cabin Manufacturing/Production operations – there are several levels. Levels 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Lead).
Summary of Duties:
Fill & Fair:
• Prepare surfaces and aircraft structures for decorative application, in coordination with the production schedule and Production Supervisor and/or Production Manager.
• Creates, ensures and improves product flow throughout the working cell to meet production schedule.
• Adhere to company specifications, work instructions, engineering prints, and work orders.
• Document the materials used in the process to maintain traceability.
• Clean panels in preparation for filling and fairing.
• Mix and apply filling material to aircraft interior parts.
• Fair parts after application and drying of filler.
• Document materials used in each process to maintain traceability.
• All employees are required to productively react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future. May work at different workstations as production needs require.
• Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment during and after production.
o Must carefully and safely handle raw material and manufactured parts to ensure the integrity and quality is not compromised by handling.
o All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of all company products.
o As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
o Must manage the collection, disposal, and storage of hazardous and non-hazardous
o Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
Level 1 Qualification:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Experience: 0-3 years of experience.
Computer Skills: Not required.
Description: Entry level position within field.
• Requires little to no experience in discipline
• Conducts routine tasks as directed
• Closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment
• The ability to read and write English at a level necessary for successful job performance.
• Good hand/eye coordination a must.
• Requires sensitivity to safety regulations and requirements.
• Must be able to self-inspect work and correct discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Must have knowledge/familiarity to operate basic machinery & various pneumatic/hand tools.
• Must meet or exceed current training requirements.
• Understand the concept of utilizing work orders.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
o Ability to read engineering blue prints.
o Previous experience in Aerospace Manufacturing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safran Cabin is an “at-will” employer, which means that employment is at the mutual consent of both the employee and the employer, and may be terminated at will, for any reason, with or without cause at any time during your employment with the Company. No one other than the CEO of the Company can enter into an agreement of employment for a specified period of time or make any agreement or representation contrary to this policy. Further, any such agreement must be in writing and signed by the CEO of the Company.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated cabin interiors, catering systems and cargo equipment.
- © Safran