Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us. We actively contribute to social inclusion and equal opportunity by integrating underserved communities and promoting diversity throughout our companies.
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for facilitating visual management & flow in Manufacturing, and, Materials areas. This role will also support facility-wide flow and product family future state development / implementation. The role will also support lean vision, training, and communication throughout division.
Summary of Duties:
• Establishes detail planning of manufacturing sequences and furnishes detail operating instructions to production personnel.
• Plans logical approach to complex manufacturing problems and their solutions.
• Implement/enforce company manufacturing processes and policies.
• Analyzes engineering design documents, prototypes and or engineering change orders and determines what equipment, tooling, materials, method of manufacture and facilities are required to produce a particular product in scheduled quantities and that the lowest cost consistent within quality specifications.
• Performs and documents make/or buy decisions
• Works concurrently with designers to recommend the best product configuration for lowest mfg cost
• Creates process plans for manufacture or procurement of parts and assemblies
• Creates tools, fixtures and methods to reduce cycle time of manufactured or procured parts or assemblies
• Specifies appropriate tools and fixtures for the manufacturing task
• Recommends new or improved cutting tools
• Recommends improved manufacturing processes or methods
• Evaluates and resolves design related production problems
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
Education: Bachelors degree (BS) in Engineering, Manufacturing, or an equivalent combination of education and (10) years experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field.
Experience: Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through (6) or more years of increasingly responsible experience that included utilizing continuous improvement principles (i.e. lean manufacturing), total quality and problem solving tools. Minimum 3 years of management experience in a technical field.
Preferred: Minimum (5) years of Managing experience in a technical field
• Read and analyze reports and drawings.
• Basic knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plain and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
12.02.2021 Industrial Engineering
Engineering Cost Specialist
Santa Maria, California
11.16.2021 Industrial Engineering
Production Engineer 3
Santa Maria, California
10.28.2021 Industrial Engineering
Design Engineer 2
Santa Maria, California