Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Summary of Duties:
• Plans basic Lean Sigma projects, including budgets.
• Leads Lean Sigma projects that will produce significant cost savings.
• Ensures projects are on schedule and customer expectations are meet.
• Contributes to the development and Implementation of lean sigma deployment plan.
• Fosters the Lean Sigma culture within the organization.
• Designs, develops, implements and evaluates internal Lean Sigma Green Belt program.
• Mentors Green Belt candidates on basic projects to reach certification ensuring compliance to methodology.
• Provides benchmarking and best practice research.
• Makes presentation to review status of projects as appropriate.
• Provides timely internal reports to management (bi-weekly presentations, monthly project reports, quarterly reports.
• Serves as instructor for basic courses that teaches personnel how to assess, identify and improve their own needs and opportunities.
• Drives One Safran initiatives and projects.
• Gathers data, conducts analyses, and develops recommendations for implementation of 5s and Lean principles.
• Assists with workstation / work area/ tooling design using knowledge of 5s, Lean, and ergonomics.
• Uses problem-solving, analytical, and negotiation skills to develop innovative solutions to manufacturing problems, including defect elimination, and procures required resources and support.
• Keeps focus in Best Practices sharing and implementation.
• Sustains Employee Suggestion Program and I see I do initiative.
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required;
• Other duties may be assigned
Lean Sigma practitioner who drives changes and coaches others to foster a lean operation. Facilitates Kaizen events and other continuous improvement efforts. Maintains a continuous learning environment with production and support functions.
This role supports the Safran Cabin site in their Continuous Improvement initiatives. This role is responsible for energizing the site, using Lean-Sigma and One Safran methodology and tools, to positively impact Customer Satisfaction, Delivery & Quality Performance, and financial performance. Working closely with leadership at all levels to ensure CI efforts are driven throughout the organization.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. SAFRAN Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
Education: Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and one (1) year of experience in manufacturing processes and formal Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma methods training.
Experience: Two (2) or more years of Lean Sigma experience
• Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) – Basic
• Data Analysis and visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) – Basic
• Knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies- Basic
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing – Advanced
• Ability to communicate, verbally and written, to internal and external customers - Advanced
• Capable of managing large amounts of data and tasks – Advanced
• Ability to build strategic working relationships at all levels of the organization - Advanced
• Ability to analyze various options to determine best solution for the organization – Advanced
• Self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic team environment and produce results with minimal management guidance - Basic
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Green Belt Certification Preferred
At Safran, diversity & inclusion is a source of richness that adds quality of life, performance, and innovation. We welcome diverse contributions and provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability/medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws
“The expected salary range for this positions is between $64,500 - $70,500 USD. Actual compensation will be determined based on experience, education, and other factors permitted by law.”
Specificity of the job
· Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
· Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
Traveling is required.
Locate your future workplace
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
California United States