Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of human resource duties, such as effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resource information and for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and with management. This job reports to the site Human Resources Manager.
• Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Investigate and resolve day-to-day employee relation issues. Documents initial complaint, determines scope of investigation, recommends course of action, documents findings and summarizes the investigation.
• Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
• Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
• Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
• Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
• Manage and conduct new employee orientations.
• Performs exit interviews and processes all termination paperwork including Cal-COBRA/COBRA documents while adhering to all state and federal laws.
• Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Develops and maintains various reports and documents to provide current personnel information.
• Assists with the maintenance of the human resource database while ensuring that system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked.
• Organizes annual reviews between employees and managers. Organizes files, provides forms, timelines, and reminders to direct employees and managers through the review process.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. SAFRAN Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
· Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
· Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more! ting diversity throughout our companies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field required.
• Minimum 3 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist, or 4 years HR experience demonstrating increasing HR responsibilities.
• Knowledge of both California and Federal Labor Laws Labor Laws
• Knowledge of HR concepts, best practices, and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills with the ability to direct, motivate, and give constructive feedback
• Must be highly organized with ability to track multiple projects
• Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office including: Word and Excel
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• HR certification (PHR or SPHR, Certified or Senior Certified Professional)
• 5 years HR experience overall (with 3+ as an HR Generalist)
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
Traveling may be required.
Locate your future workplace
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
California United States
- © Safran