This role includes the duties of the following position: Electrical Assembler. The role of Assembler is considered a mid-level role within Safran Cabin Manufacturing/Production operations.
Summary of Duties:
• Assembles aircraft interior structures and/or parts, such as bins, galleys, lavatories, sidewalls, cargo liners, etc. and builds sub-assemblies for the completion of aircraft interior structures, and/or parts using engineering drawings, company and customer specifications.
• Adheres to company and customer specifications, work instructions, engineering prints & work orders.
• Document materials used in each process to maintain traceability.
• All employees are required to productively react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future. May work at different workstations as production needs require.
• Builds sub-assemblies of aircraft components, such as:
o Forming of aluminum trim extrusions, fiberglass laminates and other materials for completion of the sub-assemblies, parts or structures.
o Fills and fairs areas as necessary per the established specification or customer limits.
o Installs inserts and applies edging material.
o Assembles sub components for the structures/units.
• Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment during and after production.
o Must carefully and safely handle raw material and manufactured parts to ensure the integrity and quality is not compromised by handling.
o All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain the confidentiality of all company products.
o As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
o Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at division.
• High school Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Closely supervised with little latitude for independent judgment
• The ability to read, understand and write English at a level necessary for successful job performance.
• Good hand/eye coordination a must.
• Requires sensitivity to safety regulations and requirements.
• Must be able to self-inspect work and correct discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Knowledge/familiarity to operate basic machinery & various pneumatic/hand tools.
• Meet or exceed all training requirements.
• Understanding concept of utilizing work orders.
o Ability to read engineering blue prints preferred but not required.
o Previous experience in Aerospace Manufacturing helpful.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Safran Cabin is an “at-will” employer, which means that employment is at the mutual consent of both the employee and the employer, and may be terminated at will, for any reason, with or without cause at any time during your employment with the Company. No one other than the CEO of the Company can enter into an agreement of employment for a specified period of time or make any agreement or representation contrary to this policy. Further, any such agreement must be in writing and signed by the CEO of the Company.
Locate your future workplace
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
California United States
- © Safran