Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
Manages and oversees overall supply chain operations, including purchasing, planning and inventory of materials as well as selection of vendors for an identified site/location. Recommends improvements for productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations. Coordinates and resolves issues regarding existing and new products. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
The position will manage and lead a team of professionals in the areas of purchasing, materials and logistics.
• Implement, execute and maintain world class supply chain strategies for purchasing, planning, master scheduling, sales and operations planning (S&OP), ERP/MRP systems.
• Implement and execute procurement strategies that reduce costs for existing programs and enhance new program development. Develop business processes which will improve overall supply chain performance while satisfying current demands and minimizing total supply chain costs.
• Work with operations and operations excellence to establish pull systems both internally between operations and facilities and externally with suppliers and customers.
• Implement and execute supply chain strategies that bring opportunities to reduce lead times and work toward one-piece flow.
• Communication of needs and objectives to the supply chain team along with training, developing, mentoring and assisting team members is essential.
• Analyze and develop supply chain strategies and will be required to drive the successful execution of these strategies within the manufacturing site.
• Manages the supply chain function within the site considering manufacturing capacity and schedules.
• Leads all supply chain activities within the site. This will include: purchasing, planning, scheduling, S&OP, logistical functions and others.
• Responsible for continuous improvements within the supply chain and training within the site. May also extend to suppliers and customers.
• Perform all other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: 8 years of progressive supply chain management experience; minimum of 5 years in a management/leadership role leading teams
• Familiar with application and implementation of AS9100 Quality System
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience working with MRP/ERP systems
• Experience in Lean environment and with Lean principles & methodologies
• Practical experience in transactional Six Sigma analysis
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
• Problem solving, well organized, detailed oriented and accurate.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management or Operations
• MBA/Master's degree
• 10 years of progressive supply chain experience
• Experience in aerospace, automotive or mechanical manufacturing environment
• APICS and/or ISM certification
• Leading and managing in a multi-site environment
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Specificity of the job
May require some travel.
Safran Cabin headquarters are in Huntington Beach, California, with a global presence of over 10,000 employees at 39 sites. Site locations are in the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Germany, France, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Tunisia and Thailand. Safran Cabin serves over 400 airlines and leasing companies globally and delivers to all airframe OEM manufacturers with a heritage spanning over 80 years in the industry.
Safran's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) goes beyond our facility walls. We value and support the communities where we live and work. One of Safran's values and CSR pillar is Corporate Citizenship that helps drive economic, social and cultural progress by sharing our gifts with those around us.
• Your Career: Safran is committed to providing internal mobility to our employees. We operate globally so the sky is the limit of where your Safran journey can take you.
• Your Development: Safran employees have free access to Safran University courses and external tuition reimbursement for approved programs or certifications.
• Your Benefits: Our suite of comprehensive benefits include health care (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, 401(k) savings plans with company match, paid time off, and more!
Locate your future workplace
2850 Skyway Drive CA 93455
California United States
- © Safran