Are you passionate about technology or aviation? Come invent the solutions of tomorrow in the aerospace and defense industry, with an international group where innovation, teamwork and continuing, daily education are fundamental values. Join us!
The Cost Accountant prepares, records, analyzes and reports on material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of sales, and other cost-related performance measures. This role also participates in the month-end closing. The cost accountant is at the site level.
Summary of Duties:
• Collect and analyze data to determine production costs by performing the following:
o Variance Analysis
o Cost of Goods Sold Analysis
o Standard Costing
o Overhead & Labor Rate Calculation
o Inventory Valuation Analysis
o Ad-hoc financial analysis
• Prepare financial reports and give recommendations based on available data
• Prepare audit reports and present findings to management to improve transparency
• Participate in period end closing and perform journal entries and GL account analysis Perform account reconciliations to drive accuracy in inventory cycle. Familiar with Bill of Materials (BOM) & Routings.
• Collaborate with internal and external auditors on cost accounting concepts
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: 6+ years' experience in an accounting department (specifically doing budget and forecasting) for a large manufacturer.
• Familiarity with Windows Operating System.
• Demonstrated solid understanding/use of Microsoft Office products including: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Advanced knowledge/use of Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of SAP
• Advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics
• Understanding of organizational accounting concepts
• In-depth knowledge of financial guidelines and regulations
• Strong financial analysis skills
• Ability to perform risk and security assessments
• Excellent attention to detail
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
• Ability to collaborate with other different functions and foster teamwork
It is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.