Project management responsibilities include delivering assigned project(s) on time, within budget and scope. Project managers should have a technical background as well as be skilled in business management, business intelligence, budgeting and analysis.
Main scope of project work will be to monitor and improve performances related to Spares deliveries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Ensure implementation of improvement changes by conducting continuous improvement projects, including kaizen events, A3 problem solving, FMEA, DMAIC, root cause analysis, etc.
• Identify future continuous improvement opportunities and maintain the continuous improvement schedule in keeping with the company's goals and culture; and train the workforce on internally developed applications of Lean Sigma tools and methods of continuous improvement to achieve goals and objectives
• Coordinate internal and external resources for the flawless execution of projects
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Manage performance dashboards with the VP and in close relation with directors and managers.
• Ensure resource availability and allocation
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Manage existing KPI's and recommend development of new and innovative tools to VP Supply Chain and Customer Support, collecting data from department managers and directors and put in place governance for review.
• Must be able to travel both Domestically and internationally
Candidates for positions with SAU must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature & level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities & qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. SAU is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical & mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. SAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace.
a) Knowledge and Technical Skills
• Knowledge of computers
• Data entry
• Knowledge of email systems
• Knowledge of aircraft parts and components
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office required – including advanced Excel knowledge
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Leadership Capabilities
• Communications Proficiency
• Time Management
• Problem Solving/Analysis
d) Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or commensurate experience preferred
• 3-5 years aviation or aerospace experience preferred
• Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in aviation and/or aerospace as well as solid computer skills
• Microsoft Project experience preferred
• Knowledge & Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean Practices
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
- © Safran