Under the direction of the Accounting Manager & Credit & Collections Manager, the Assistant Financial Analyst/AR Administrator is responsible for assisting the finance department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization and performs professional functions involving the application of accounting standards, principals and practices. This role may also be responsible for one or several aspects of general and subsidiary ledgers maintenance and preparation of operating and financial statements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions and journal entries
• Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules
• Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings
• Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers
• Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement
• Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits
• Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures
• Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
• Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and
accounting control procedures
• Devises and implements system for general accounting
• Analyzes financial data and makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures
• Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operations
• Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and local reports and tax returns
• Tracks and manages Fixed Asset
• Prepares tax returns such as sales and use tax, property tax, business tax etc.
• Compiling surveys for different agencies
• Monitors resale certificates and W9's
• Margin analysis and variance analysis
• Works on special projects as required
• As directed, assists with month-end close, preparation of quarterly and annual reporting packages
• Assists in ensuring all controls are in place and have measurable action plan in place to correct discrepancies noted
• Assists to support internal and external audit
• Assists Accounting Manager in all other necessary functions as assigned
• Maintains accounts receivable records, including editing, checking, and preparing accounts receivable entries and tabulating control statistics
• Works closely with account managers, customer service representatives, and repair administrators
• Files unpaid invoices and keeps account of cash receipts, claims and unpaid invoices
• Computes and records interest charges, refunds, and similar items
• Account reconciliation and collections
• Processes and verifies applications for credit and solicits payment on overdue accounts.
• Prepares vouchers, invoices, or account statements
• Receives customer remittances and applies cash to accounts (both AR and miscellaneous) Investigates discrepancies with customer and/or departments and facilitates resolutions
• Makes debit/credit memos or AP/AR transfers when appropriate to reconcile activity
• Sends checks received in facility to lockbox
• Processes credit approvals including setting up new customers, and invoicing
a) Knowledge and Skills
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. . The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Financial Management
• Collaboration Skills
• Ethical Conduct
c) Education and/or Experience
• Requires bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with major accounting plus at least 3 years of experience in financial and cost analysis and with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
d) Communication Skills
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, bank statements, and accounting regulations. Ability to effectively communicate to managers and other employees of the organization.
e) Mathematical Skills
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as state and federal withholdings, depreciation schedules, real estate tax, sales and use tax, discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
f) Physical Demands
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
• Ability to travel as needed – domestically and internationally.
Candidates for positions with Safran Aerosystems Services Americas must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status. Safran Aerosystems Services Americas is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Safran Aerosystems Services Americas is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled | Drug Free Workplace.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.
10.12.2021 Finance and management
Assistant Financial Analyst/Accounts Receivable Administrator
Peachtree City, Georgia