Safran Data Systems Inc. is a U.S. company, but a wholly owned subsidiary of the Safran Group, that designs and manufactures equipment and antennas for on-board and ground telemetry, embedded data treatments, data acquisition, data recording, satellite control and remote sensing.
SDS Inc. – is currently growing its team with a Supply Chain and Procurement Manager as we expand our U.S. capabilities to support SDS Inc. telemetry products and services for the company. This is an opportunity to join an established company that is growing strong. The Supply Chain and Procurement Manager will be a key position managing SDS, Inc. supply chain, local inventory, and warehousing operations.
The successful candidate will have experience with supply chain, purchasing and logistics. He/she will manage, operate, and optimize the operational purchasing for SDS according to local and group objectives in terms of cost, lead times and the quality of supply. The supplied Items are mainly mechanical parts and sub-systems, electrical components, and electronic and RF assemblies.
• Sourcing and supplier selection according to AS9100D Standards
• Build a US-Based Supply Chain for Antenna Components
• Purchase order processing & contract negotiations
• Lead supplier performance management (analysis, preventive, and corrective actions)
• Lead supply chain continuous improvement activities
• Forecasting and demand planning
Main Tasks (including but not limited to):
• All purchasing related activities: Supplier selection, negotiation, and performance management, including tasks such as monitoring vendor certifications, maintaining approved vendor list, and monitoring vendor performance (On Time Delivery, Quality and Pricing)
• All supply chain activities: Manage forecast and planning, quality management.
• Define and implement quality processes that meet the requirements of AS9100D
• Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations
• Conduct new supplier evaluations and maintain the Approved Supplier list.
• Monitor the delivery and quality performance of all suppliers and take necessary actions to insure satisfactory performance
• Determine the correct amount of inventory to maintain on-hand to satisfy both internal and external demand
• Responsible for leading the daily shipping and receiving activities (with one direct report)
• Warehouse and inventory process development and implementation including regular inventory counts
• Safety actions: manage chemical inventory, manage first aid inventory levels according to OSHA requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in business management, supply chain management or related field
• Knowledge in purchasing and supply chain management.
• Positive outlook and desire to do what is best for the customer and the team.
• Familiarity with government programs, FAR regulations, subcontract management.
• Self-Motivated and the ability to work in self-directed environment.
• 5+ years of supply chain experience
• Experience working in an ERP system environment
• Experience working in AS9100 or ISO9001
• Demonstrated competency with cross-functional engagements and collaborations
• Demonstrated success in managing complex supplier specifications, drawings, SOW's
Specificity of the job
This position is based in Norcross Georgia but will require travel as needed. Travel to European parent company manufacturing and development facilities in Paris, Normandy, Bordeaux France as well as Cologne Germany may be required as well as domestic travel as part of the efforts to build a US supply chain.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 ships, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.
- © Safran