The Systems Engineer is responsible for the integration of all engineering and technical disciplines on complex quotes and projects, to ensure the overall consistency of the solution offered to customers. The Systems Engineer manages the technical risks and all project interfaces under his/her responsibility.
To be a successful Systems Engineer, you should have the ability to work with multiple discipline projects and demonstrate excellent communication and supervision skills. You should also have excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure cooperation and coordination between engineering departments on complex projects and quotes.
• Ensure compilation of lessons learned and best practices in the development of designs and proposals, taking into account budget, risks, supply chain, schedule and company products strategy.
• Responsible for the technical coordination between the different work packages, including all internal and external interfaces.
• Responsible for maintaining the technical and regulatory compliance matrix.
• Participate in design reviews serving as the project technical expert.
• Provide technical support to cross-functional departments including proposal and cost development, technical review and customer presentations.
• Work to improve Safran Test Cells' designs for manufacturability, design to cost and design for maintainability.
• Perform quality control checks, ensuring the safety, effectiveness and reliability of the system or product.
• Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring of assigned engineering tasks.
• Formulating project parameters, assigning responsibilities to the most capable employees, and monitoring the project team.
• Interacting with clients, interpreting their needs and requirements to identify added-value proposals.
• Cooperating and communicating with the project manager and other project participants and collaborating with senior engineers to create more efficient project methods and to maintain the project's profitability.
• Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
• Developing specifications for the project's needed equipment.
• Creating frameworks to measure the project's metrics and data collection.
• Establishing field test methods and methods for monitoring the quality of those tests.
• Ensuring the project's compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
• Bachelor's degree Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field required.
• 5+ years of related technical experience, including 2+ years of direct engineering management experience required.
• Solid understanding of technical issues/needs as related to test facilities, product design and development, research and development, customer and product support.
• Ability to develop project plans by identifying resources and skills required, documenting estimating assumptions, refining plans and managing performance against them.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Self-motivated and results-oriented with a proven track record of leading, influencing and inspiring teams.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution.
• Ability to work effectively with Project Management, Engineering, and Sales teams in defining product requirements and specifications.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required including the ability to make technical information understood by a wide variety of audiences.
• Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of design and visualization software such as MatLab, 3D Solid Modeling (Siemens NX preferred), CAD, CAE, and Nastran FEA.
• Excellent project management and supervision skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
• Knowledge of risk assessments including FMEA and FMECA.
• Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices.
Specificity of the job
• Able and willing to travel up to 15% of the time both domestically and internationally.
Locate your future workplace
639 Campus Drive MN 55112
Minnesota United States