Under the direction of the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Sr. Electrical Engineer is responsible for managing complex electrical design projects for a variety of industrial data acquisition and control systems related to the testing of various jet engines. They will serve as a technical expert on electrical projects and ensure compliance with the quality and standards of Safran Test Cells. The Sr. Electrical Engineer will contribute to team efforts by mentoring and supervising the Electrical Engineers, Designers, and Drafters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a technical expert on Safran Test Cells' electrical systems and products.
• Support Customers with technical issues and provide troubleshooting instructions.
• Support Electrical Engineering Manager in quoting projects and participate in Sales quote reviews.
• Manage electrical design projects and oversee the development of Safran Test Cells' electrical products.
• Design electrical systems including engine wiring harness and control systems, cable assemblies, facility interconnecting wiring, facility control systems, instrumentation packages, and data acquisition systems using AutoCAD Electrical.
• Lead design reviews internally as well as support project reviews externally with project management members and customers.
• Provide guidance and supervision to Electrical Engineers, Designers, and Drafters.
• Facilitate research and development projects to enhance Safran Test Cells' capabilities.
• Develop Factory Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance tests to verify the performance of final products.
• Work with Electrical, Mechanical, and Software Engineers in a cross-functional environment.
• Ensure that all electrical designs and drawings comply with industry standards and Safran Test Cells' standards.
• Provide feedback to engineering management on group and personal work progress and status.
• Work in accordance with and furnish improvements to Safran Test Cells' Engineering Design Process and Quality Maintenance System.
• Acquire ongoing knowledge necessary to perform job assignments and to improve technology, products and processes through Safran company trainings.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
• 7+ years related industry experience required.
• CE and ATEX regulatory experience required.
• Design of electrical systems using AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent in one or more of the
following areas required:
o Data acquisition and control systems
o Power distribution systems
o Wiring harnesses and junction boxes
o Building electrical ducting and services
• FMEA and LEAN 6 Sigma training preferred
• Proven ability to balance risk, effectively influence diverse teams, and take ownership of responsibility for outcomes while fostering a positive team spirit.
• Demonstrated success managing and leading large-scale, complex, multi-discipline projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and partners.
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills by anticipating problems including problem
identification, action planning and execution.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service experience both internally and externally.
• Ability to lead other engineers by encouraging accuracy and thoroughness in all areas of work; actively seeks opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitors project work to ensure quality of outcomes.
Specificity of the job
• Able and willing to travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
Locate your future workplace
639 Campus Drive MN 55112
Minnesota United States
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 76,800 employees and sales of 15,3 billion euros in 2021 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and innovation roadmap.
Safran was ranked as the world's third best employer in its sector by Forbes magazine in 2021.
Safran Aero Boosters designs, develops and manufactures low-pressure compressors, equipment and test cells for aerospace propulsion. The company's products are on board the majority of commercial aircraft in service as well as Europe's Ariane launch vehicle. Based in Liège (Belgium), Safran Aero Boosters has two subsidiaries in the United States and employs 1,800 people.
- © Safran