The Software team plays a critical role in implementing, configuring, customizing, and enhancing existing software and other systems to monitor engine performance. The team works closely with Safran Test Cells (STC) customers to ensure STC's software products exceed customer expectations. Additionally, the team provides ongoing customer support and training to STC customers as necessary.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for assigned project activities which may include planning, design, implementation, configuring, reviewing, and testing software and software configuration data. Additionally, the Software Engineer II will take part in installation and support activities. The Software Engineer II is responsible for project-level execution to schedule, budget, and quality standards at Safran Test Cells.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as a contributing member of the software team designing, implementing, and enhancing Safran Test Cells' Data Acquisition and Control System.
• Participate in the research, design, development, review, and testing of software and tools, to include development of new products or enhancement of existing applications, systems or embedded products.
• Develop and review documentation ensuring it meets organizational standards.
• Complete assigned tasks with limited supervision within project schedule and budget
• Actively participate in design review meetings and provide insight and solutions to ensure quality deliverables.
• Provide status updates and feedback on deliverables
• Provide timely and complete information to the QA group to facilitate formal testing.
• Acquire knowledge necessary to perform job assignments and to improve technology, products, and processes for Safran Test Cells' customers.
• Assist with customer training and provide customer phone support for Safran Test Cells' software.
• Provide product support through design, implementation, installation, and commissioning.
• Continually enhance technical skills through on-going training offered through Safran and other vendors.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field required.
• Structured programming background with 3 to 7 years of software design experience in two or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, C# required.
• At least 2 years of experience working with LAN based instrumentation including writing drivers for LAN based devices utilizing TCP/IP or UDP/IP required.
• Experience writing multi-threaded software preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and SQL databases.
• Working knowledge of Internet/Web technologies and client/server models in regard to application development.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written with a proven ability to be assertive yet approachable delivering a positive customer service and team experience.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seek opportunities to improve and promote quality and monitor work to ensure quality is met.
• Self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment while exercising initiative, judgment, and making decisions within scope of assigned authority.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning, and execution.
Specificity of the job
• Able and willing to travel up to 30% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
Locate your future workplace
639 Campus Drive MN 55112
Minnesota United States