The Mechanical Engineer – Facilities is responsible for supporting the design and construction of jet engine test cells focusing on building design, equipment layout and interfaces during both sales campaigns and throughout project delivery. The Facilities Engineer will contribute to team efforts by producing models of buildings, reviewing subcontractor deliverables, assisting with coordination and design review meetings and supporting equipment work packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with defining scope and creation of 3D CAD models of building elements and work flows.
• Assist with producing request for quote (RFQ) integrating all technical & quality requirements.
• Assist in producing mechanical, and electrical schematic drawings & specifications.
• Assist in creating conceptual building drawings including site plans, floor plans, cross-sections, elevations, and drawing schedules.
• Assist with coordination and design review meetings.
• Assist in producing conceptual building drawings with equipment requirements & interfaces.
• Liaise with local architect/engineer(s) during design development.
• Support management of construction services through the review of subcontractor deliverables, requests for information, deviation requests, shop and as-built drawings, and construction documentation.
• Support equipment work packages by producing engine handling path studies, equipment stack-up studies, and equipment installation method statements.
• Perform simple calculations in activities related to form, fit, structural requirements, and function supporting project requirements.
• Ensure product designs are produced in accordance with company design and quality standards and practices as well as customer specifications.
• Actively participate in a continuous improvement culture providing recommendations and implementing enhancements to current methods and procedures.
• Support after-hour phone calls and meetings as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline required.
• 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience required.
• General knowledge of engineering systems interfaces (Electrical, Fuel, Air distribution, Cranes, industrial flow paths, site layout, piping, embedments and loads).
• Knowledge of Siemens Unigraphics (NX) recommended (or equivalent modeling, drafting)
• Knowledge of Autodesk Revit modeling and AutoCAD drafting is a plus.
• Must demonstrate exceptional communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions where clarification is needed.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; actively seeks opportunities to improve quality and monitors own work to ensure quality is met.
• Self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the firm.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Specificity of the job
• Able and willing to travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required.
Locate your future workplace
639 Campus Drive MN 55112
Minnesota United States