The Operations Specialist Contributes to the Success of the Operations Department through special projects which enhance business operations, improve efficiency and streamline communication.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develops solutions to key business issues and presents alternatives
• Leads multiple, cross-functional and/or cross-departmental/corporate projects as allocated by executives.
• Identifies improvement opportunities that support key strategic initiatives.
• Liaises between all Greenpoint Companies and with internal and external partners concerning projects.
• Develops project work plans and performs project management.
• Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Drafts and submits budget proposals to Vice President, Operations.
• Budgets internal and external resources necessary for projects.
• Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risk items and develops mitigation plans to address them.
• Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Provides direction and support to project team.
• Communicates project status to Vice President, Operations and other stakeholders.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Leads the planning and implementation of projects, to include training of necessary personnel and practical revisions to BMS where necessary.
• Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve positive project results.
• Summarizes projects to plan results periodically and at close of project.
• Audits solutions and processes on a periodic basis to ensure effectiveness.
• Makes recommendations for operational improvement opportunities.
• Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, and keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
• Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
• Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety – You observe safety and security procedures, you determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, you use equipment and materials properly, and you report p
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience is a plus.
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance purposes.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
• Displays sound judgement, problem-solving skills and ability to function independently to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
• Ability to effectively write reports and business correspondence.
• Strong communication, time-management, and problem solving skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to read and interpret data.
• Ability to deal with variety of abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel skills and experience with CRM Software.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to travel as required.
• Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
Locate your future workplace
6955, 6998 22nd Avenue Northeast & 7966 Andrews WA 98837
Washington United States
- © Safran