Control and track materials from receipt through storage to issue. Perform the warehousing, stocking, storing, pulling, packing, shipping, receiving, and handling of aviation materials. Coordinate the delivery of spare parts, equipment. Inspect incoming and outgoing aircraft parts and materials against customer requested documentation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accomplish the receipt and stocking of materials and verify that the quantity, part numbers or noted substitutions correspond to the packing slip and Purchase Orders.
• Process receiving transactions as materials are received.
• Put materials into stock and ensure they are protected from damage.
• Perform and record cycle and/or physical inventory counting.
• Pull parts from stock to support Sales Orders using a pick list.
• Inform Repair Administrator of unknown cross-referenced, superseded or obsolete part numbers.
• Ensure that inventory transactions (i.e. stock-line issuing and adjustments) are completed upon every material movement
• Inspect, pack, label and weigh the materials for shipment attaching appropriate transport vendor and/or customs paperwork.
• Identify and eliminate any outdated, unserviceable or degraded material in the stockroom.
• Understand Electrostatic Discharge handling and shipping procedures
• Understand Shelf and Service Life product dates
• Understand and abide by Hazardous Material Shipping regulations.
• Understand and comply with applicable domestic and international shipping restrictions.
• Enforce stockroom safety and security
• Perform incoming inspection of customer units for the repair process.
a) Knowledge and skills
• Warehouse and distribution experience
• Problem solving-identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information; works well in group problem solving situations.
• Technical aptitude including interpreting FAA/EASA regulations and standards as they relate to approved aviation materials
• Knowledge of computers
• Data Entry
• E-mail, Excel spreadsheets, word processing, Movex M3 and power point
b) Education and/or experience
• 3 years proven warehouse experience
• Knowledge of aviation spare parts distribution a plus
• Strong work ethic and ability to self motivate
c) Communication Skills
• Must have the ability to generate written communication and strong oral communication, plus presentation skills. Ability to read and review written communication
d) Physical Demands
• Ability to independently travel domestically as required
• Ability to bend and lift up to 50 pounds
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap. Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector. Safran Aerosystems is a world leader in evacuation slides and oxygen systems. It is also a major supplier of safety systems, as well as fluid systems for airplanes and helicopters.